Thursday, March 31, 2005



Just for you Jeff

Fellow blogger, friend, and blog mafia member Jeff has suggested that we blog anyway even if we have nothing fun or creative to say. He want us to embrace our boringness! So I was not going to blog today but thought oh hey why not throw ya bone. So close your eyes and imagine someone with black bags under their eyes with red veins going through the white parts of the eye, and then two toothpicks poked through the lids, and that is about what I look like today. Oh wait forget that first part. Do not close your eyes. If you close your eyes you will not be able to read my blog. So keep your eyes open keep that same picture in your mind and I will proceed to tell you why I look like that.
Well let me back up and start from the beginning......The evening started out so well. I had a trip to Gap in the works, but as I was getting ready for this blessed event my sweet 4 year old came upstairs crying, and I picked her up to find she was burning up like a furnace. I gave her some motrin, tucked her in my bed for a nap, and decided to push my Gap trip forward a couple hours and go when my husband came home. You see I had to $10 gift cards (which I earned by shopping:) that were about to expire so I HAD to go! Anyway I did eventually make it to The Gap! I went, I saw, I shopped, I bought, it was delightful.....Until Ben called and said that Camryn is now projectile vomiting......No rush or anything. "No that's ok honey I will rush right home but since I do not have time to ponder the stuff I really want I will just buy this pile that I have going in the change room right now."
So I went home and Dr'ed up my poor little girl. We decided that I would sleep with her in my bed and Ben would sleep in hers. Since the mom has mommy immunity to all illnesses. So we pumped her with motrin and proceeded to la la land. It was a short visit b/c a few hours later she rolled over next to me, and I could roast marshmallows off her skin. I jumped out of bed and took her temperature to find it a shocking 104.6. That and the fact that she had just had motrin a few hours earlier got me worried and I decided it might be time for a trip to the ER. I started her a bath to see if we could get her temp down when the second wave of vomit came in. (all over my sheets and floor) Joys of motherhood I tell you. Anyway Ben got up and helped me get us out the door. To make a long storey short we got home at 4am....4 hours later and they diagnosed her with strep, gave her some antibiotics which she spit out three times before I got her to swallow the bad tasting serum. As you can imagine at 4am this was real fun! I really must say I get some enjoyment out of cuddling a sick child who thinks there mommy is the best nurse ever. Luckily my husband was able to take the day off work today and Camryn and I got some shut eye!
So since I am tired of thinking of creative blogs and Jeff demands I blog anyway I thought this might be fun. I saw it on someone else's blog and thought it was a cute idea. Everybody has to tell me two things they want to see in my life and I will take a picture of what ever you say and post it. Example- inside of fridge, front door, what ever, be creative. That's right I am making you be creative now. Later Gators!

6 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I want to see your favourite spot in the house, in the way of decor.

Secondly, I want to see a photo of a few of your favourite outfits, they can be hung up or laid out, whatever.

I hope your kid is better now, poor girl.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

1)I still want a pic of Ben's jeep.
2)A pic of a shark, jelly fish, or portugeuse man-of-war...shouldn't be too difficult for you to find! :)

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I want to see you in your bikini - front and back shot - that is my two! Ha - sounds like a guy should ask that but I have to size up the competition! By the way - you won't catch me dead in a bikini :)

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to see a picture of one of your favorite things belonging to each one of your kids. Your backyard/patio

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Wow not sure what to make of my wife's request.... Want to see ben in a speedo...kidding!!!! I want to see your favorite view on the Island and a pic of your kids flipping the camera off!! Maybe just a pic of the fav. spot.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Alyssa, here is one for you....
every time you email pictures of the latest decor in your house, your house looks like a castle, all clean and perfect, I want to see a picture of any room in your house when it is a mess. (and you can't make it messy just for the picture). You always say that your house is not always clean, but in fact it can be very messy sometimes. So here is your chance to prove to me that it can be messy sometimes.
The other picture could be a picture of your open closet, I have to see for myself all the trillions of clothes you own!
Oh and by the way.... Marlo is wondering when you are sending down some clothes for a garage sale!!
Love Tannis

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home