Tuesday, February 22, 2005



Ticked off!

This morning I posted a blog and the computer started acting up and apparently it got lost in internet space because it is not on my blog or anywhere else to be found. I am so mad. So I will try and remember some of the stuff I wrote. I started by telling everyone how I had the best day yesterday! Why you ask? Let me sum it up in one glorious word....SHOPPING! My niece is staying with us for a few weeks and I am beginning to think she is my clone, only younger. We hit the outlet mall and had a blast! First I would like to announce the birth of a new store in the mall. I was pleasantly surprised to pull up and find a brand new Children's Place outlet! The kids took turns trying on the new spring line and modeling it for grandma. I ended up getting all their Eater outfits there today. Addison got an cute pink stripped skirt with a matching pink Berea style hat, and a pink tank top. Camryn got a light green linen dress with white sash. Corben got a pair of white dress shorts, a blue short sleeve linen button up, and argyle sweater vest with matching argyle socks, and a white golf hat to top it off. Can you just picture the cuteness here? Then my niece and I went on to a more trendy store and ended up buying the same outfit. Is it odd that a 13 year old and a 30 year old have matching outfits? Am I trying to be younger or is she trying to be older? Probably a little bit of both! We got a moss green long flowery, beachy tiered skirt with a matching green tank and a pink tank layered over that. We had fun joking about how we could get pics of us holding hands skipping down the beach in our matching duds. I also got a killer swim suit from Ralph Lauren! I was on my shopping height for the rest of the day. I don't know what it is about shopping that just puts me on cloud nine! When we got home home we suited up and headed for the beach for the last few hours of rays. Can you ask for a better day?
Sunday was Camryn's birthday. She is 4 now, can you believe it. Ben told her that she was not aloud to turn four and must remain three for the rest of her life. She told us that we could not stop her....go figure? She has a party booked with all her little friends next week but on her birthday we went on a whale watching cruise. It was pretty cool. We had a mama and baby whale swimming along with our ship and it was like they were putting a performance on for us. Who needs Sea World when you have the real thing in their natural habitat. It was amazing! I got my hair cut and colored today and I love love love it! I got highlights and lowlights and more chunky then usual. I just got a trim on the length and she flat ironed it. It is pretty hot if I do say so myself. Ok enough girl talk for today. I am sure you guys were real impressed with all the shopping details. Almost feels like you were right there with me!

8 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I used to hang out with my neice when she was a teenager too. Now she is 21 and we still hang out. We went shopping last night and had a blast. The good thing is that because I'm her aunt, it doesn't seem weird that we hang out together. She is the funnest person I know.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for Ben all he needs is another store for you to shop at. How did Camryn like her birthday song.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alyssa, I want to see a picture of the new hair.... send one soon, k?
Tannis

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Highlights, Hair cut, color . . . . sounds like you are just copying me Alyssa. Huh? Huh? No seriously, you'll have to post a picture of your gorgeous self so we can all drool over you. Sounds like an awesome time you've been having as well. Are you in heaven? It sure sounds like it. Boy, Hawaii sounds like a nice place to visit.

HEY honey, let's go to Hawaii! (I'll see you as soon as I can convince my husband that it's a good idea.) **eyes darted side-to-side**

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

I have just pulled a mental hamstring thinking about the beauty of spending money on clothes. The whale thing sounds awesome! I can't wait for Hawaii. Got my hair colored also, went for the slightly grey/gray look once more!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

Jeff, I also went for a little gray, but I only got some highlights. I feel so radiant afterwards. Also, Alyssa, you mentioned getting more chunky? I work on that everyday with my daily dosage of chocolate. As for shopping, I do that every month. Mine is the same every month though...each month I buy an extra month's worth of our car, I buy the privilege of not having doctors report me for collections every month by sending them some money. I also buy all sorts of insurance for those "just-in-case" times. I also love to buy electricity and cable and water and phone/internet access - those things are so awesome! I also found out that my brother buys the same electricity as I! Isn't that so funny? By the way Alyssa...what is a shopping mall?

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

I am humbled by Kirk's creative blog comment!...Word bro! I'm down with that! I'm hearing your 411! Bueno gracious la biblioteca!...I think I just said library in spanish.. sorry got excited!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

Are you still alive?

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home