Thursday, February 03, 2005



Depression????

This is not going to be a funny feel good blog, because I am not in a funny feel good mood. The thing is, I do not know what kind of mood I am in. The font just changed and I am not sure how I did that or how to turn it back, but anyway as I was saying.............I am in some sort of unexplainable rut. I would say I am depressed but that could not be because I do not get depressed, and I actually laugh at people who do. I mean what is so bad about your day that you have to get depressed. Just be happy, its easy. I did not even suffer any post pardom depression. However lately I have been in this downer mood where I do not want to go anywhere or see anyone. I don't know if it is the 2 weeks of rain we have had, or if it is finally getting to me that I do not have all the play groups and bible studies and lunch dates that I did in Texas. What ever it is I feel blah and I can't shake it. Last night I went to Old Navy to cheer myself up, and it did but it was just a temporary high. Today it is raining again, I am wearing my new pink pants, and I still don't feel my cheerful self. I mean what on earth do I have to be depressed about? I have a great husband, wonderful kids, I live in Hawaii, I don't have to work outside the home, I have a roof over my head, food on the table, friends that care about me, a God who blesses me and loves me, I have good hair, blogging fans, ( I mean I am the Godmother of Blog) and I have been undeserving of this title lately. So anyway just wanted to let you guys know the reason for my lack of blogs. The reason is, I do not know the reason. I do know that I hope my crazy mood swing swings the other way so I can get back to my happy go lucky, fly by the seat of my pants, shop till you drop self!

6 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

I will try to be serious for a second also. We have about 300 days of sunshine - here and I'm telling you when the days are rainy or cloudy for a few in a row it throws me off. It gets old staying inside or not feeling the sun. I'm sure thats not all or even 50% of why your feeling down but it may be a small factor. You could go out and scream at the sky to stop raining but unless you have a white tee shirt on and Ben's home: that won't cheer anyone up.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Catherine West said...

Rain can definitely bring you down. When you are stuck inside with your kids all day, it's not fun!!
We gotta figure out a way for you to make more friends down there...I'm not real good at this because I am not that outgoing - it's easy to be when you are online but in person I am a bit shy - do you believe me?!
Maybe you can hang out at the park with your kids and look pathetic...sometimes you can actually meet other pathetic looking moms that way.
Don't they have any activities you can take the kids to where you would meet people? I thought Hawaii was supposed to be a happenin' place...
oh well, you can still chat with me online...better than nothing!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

I must admit when I you left me a message last night and when I talked to you today I thought something was wrong b/c you sounded so sad! Does your church not have a mom's group? I can't believe after your big tax refund shopping spree didn't cheer you up! You must be depressed!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

I'm sorry you're down...sometimes life just sucks, ya know? I'm not any good at cheering people up, but I would like to say that nothing can ever take your role as the Godmother away from the Blog Mafia. It's not a position that is deserved or undeserved, and it's much more than just a title! It is a permanent place in the family tree, and it is yours. Surely you can find complete and total happiness in that, right?? :)

PS-Do you need me to send you Photoshop?

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I have been depressed all of the month of January. I feel just like you. I'm not usually depressed. Last night I blamed it on the blog, who knows maybe blog pressures are doing it. I decided to go to bed earlier and that worked for today.

You are the funniest blogger I know, keep up the good work.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Joey said...

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling down. As someone who struggles with depression, I can assure you that it happens to even the "jolliest" of us. I never dreamed I'd find myself saying "Honey, I think I'm depressed", Or "Something's just not right here". Like you, I have it all. What's not to be happy about, right? But that's just it. It's not by choice. It could be the weather, it could be burn out from doing it all, it could be just a little saddest in you that you haven't noticed before. It's not your fault, and it is fixable. Hang in there.

Prayers and Hugs,
Joanne

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home