Tuesday, January 25, 2005



Top Ten Reasons It Sucks To Live In Hawaii




#10 You have to mow and rake the lawn all year round.

#9 You have to spend allot of money on sun screen.

#8 You have to be a millionaire in order to buy a house.

#7 You have to run the air conditioner year round. Oh wait we live on base so its free!

#7 People are suddenly befriending you for a place to stay.

#6 You always have sand in your house, van, shoes, and bum.

#5 Your body has to be swimsuit presentable all year round. So you can't grow out your leg hair for the winter, and your bikini line is always itchy.

#4 RATS, and every other kind of Creepy Crawlies also think it is a good place to live.

#3 Too many beaches to choose from, making you always feel torn.

#2 It is always 84'F outside and I never get to wear my skinny jeans.

and the #1 reason that it sucks to live in Hawaii is...........................

The in-laws cannot drop in for a surprise visit!

So you see folks, the grass is not always greener on the other side. I have my share of hardships too!





6 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

It must be horrible living in Hawaii. I feel sooo sorry for you guys. Especially the whole bikini line thing, and sand in your bum. Hang in there guys! :)

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Catherine West said...

Somehow I don't think you are going to find much sympathy with this post!!
You should live here...at least we get a mild 'winter', cool enough to wear
jeans and sweaters for a few weeks at least!!

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I feel so sorry for you guys, it must be tough. I can't imagine the thought of getting sand in my bum. But even more traggic is not being able to see the dear in-laws. Woe is you, dude.

The rats in the attic would be somewhat a comfort though, to know you are not alone on dark nights, when you can't sleep trying to decide what beach to choose.

Your tragedy will be in my thoughts, take care.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

Alyssa, You are not making Hawaii sound very inviting. I thought you wanted us to come there? It must be tough to not have to wear big bulky jackets for 6 months out of the year. It takes me half an hour to get my kids dressed to go out the door. Are you feeling sorry for me yet? That's okay, we can have a pity party together. That would be fun! I'll bring the munchies and don't forget the Ben & Jerry's ice cream!

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyssa,
You have made several remarks about sudden friendships because you live in Hawaii; yet you tell everyone to come visit. Do you secretly feel used or are you really just kidding???

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Totally just kidding. we LOVE having comapny, we alwasy beg them to stay longer and I cry everytime I have to drop someone off at the airport. I just find it amusing, but am JUST KIDDING! We will take friends any way we can get them. Use and abuse me baby!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home