Saturday, January 22, 2005



Red Lobster!

Today was the perfect day! I slept in till 8:15am, looked out the window to a pefectly blue sky, had a shower, and jumped into a swim suit because I was headed to the long awaited beach. My morning got even better when my husband suggested I have a "self" day and go to the beach with my book instead of him and the kids. Some times I think he is absolutely brilliant! So I pack my beach towel, a couple diet cokes, and my Maui babe tanning oil which apparently is a local's secret to a great tan. A secret that they advertise on the bottle. What can I say, I am gullible! I kiss the kids and my wonderful husband goodbye, jump in the jeep (so I can pretend I am cool), zip all the windows down, and cruise down to the closest beach (5 minutes away). I pick the farthest spot on the beach, away from all the other families and kids, spread out my stuff, lathered up with some Maui Babe, and got in my best tanning position. In the distance I could here kids crying for their mommies because there brother hit them and I did not have to get up to break the fight. I just tuned it out, and smirk to myself because no one was needing me today! I just closed my eyes and fell asleep to the sound of the waves crashing the shoreline. It was an afternoon well spent, except for on little problem. I feel another note to self coming on. When you have not been in the sun for 18 days, and have turned a Canadian shade of white, it may not be a good idea to spread on brown oil and bake on the beach for four consecutive hours. I hope red is the new black this season because I am sporting a nice shade of lobster. Even my eyelids are burnt. I did put sunscreen on my face but forgot my eyelids and it turns out a few other areas because I have red blotches all over my face where the sunscreen missed. It looks pretty funny, but I don't care because I am just happy to have been exposed to sunlight today. My skin has that slight sting to it, and I love it! Remember no pain no gain! I was planning on rewarding my husband tonight for his selfless deed, but I think I am too burnt......darn:(


6 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I am so jealous.

I read a book in the sun today too, while the blowing snow rattled the windows.

I would rather be pink.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Well its warm here 10 and a half months a year but "the waves crashing down as I lay on the beach" would not describe this paradise! The burnt grass blowing around with fire ants searching to bite is more like it. Bless Ben's heart he was that close to getting lucky! Stay focased Ben at least the Alyssa thought about it - your getting closer!

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Alec found out today that we were going to Hawaii - without him. He had a little break down but I told him mom's and dad's need to go on vacation with no kids and when he gets married he can take his wife to Hawaii. That didn't go over very well either - oh well!

Jeff informed me yesterday that he WILL NOT be getting into the ocean or even barely near it. He is deathly afraid of sharks. I guess him and Ben can check out the Arizona while you teach me to surf! :)

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

Way to go Ben! Kudos to you for giving your wife a day off! Next time tell your wife not to blog about it though...it makes the rest of us look bad! Just kidding!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Jeff

I can not believe you are afriad of the ocean. You and Kirk are a bunch of scardy cats. You are afraid of sharks and he is afraid of jelly fish. I have been here for a year and have not seen a single shark, and we have only been stung by a jellyfish once. They have a real cool thing where you go down in the ocean in a cage and they feed the sharks all around you. Should I sign you up? I hope you get over this fear before you come. You can only tour the Arizona so many times.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Oh, I am so sorry for you . . . NOT! A day at the beach while we are freezing our white english bums off. Sheesh!

What a terrific husband you have.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home