Wednesday, January 05, 2005



I hate it when.......

You go to the bathroom in a public washroom and realize there is no toilet paper, and the person in the next stall does not speak English.

My alarm clock wakes me up in the morning.

You are in the mood to talk on the phone and non of your friends are home to talk.

The kids are watching a video tape in the car and it needs to be rewound and they all start crying (of fighting). Basically they all come out of their trance and I have to deal with them.

You miss your favorite show on TV. Like when the series finally of Felicity comes on and your husband set the recorder but apparently does not know how to use the VCR because it never worked and you miss it and have to stolck the WB to have a re-run.

You step on the scale and the numbers keep going up.

You wake up with a big zit.

Your pastor preaches of the "72 hour rule" in your young married Sunday school class. Please stop giving these guys ideas.

You accidentally get up and get the kids ready for school on a Saturday.

You get a phone call during your favorite TV show. But now I have TiVo so go ahead and call me anytime!

The cat uses my new couches as a scratching post.

You miss a big $1.99 sale at the Gap but your friend hits it and shows you all the great deals she got. You would think I could just be happy for her but I am not.

On the same lines I hate when you find the greatest deal on a fabulous skirt and they do not have your size. So you try and squeeze into the size two that is left and it just brings on further humiliation.

You plan something outside and you get rained out.

You think you wrote a great blog but no one comments.

You go to read your friends blogs and they have not posted in weeks.

People do not return emails.

Two weeks after getting your hair highlighted and well over $100 later you already have roots.

You cut yourself shaving.

You finish shaving and get out of the tub and the kids swing open the door, and in shoots a breeze, causing you to become cold and get goose bumps and then you have stubble again.

You can feel the fat jiggle in your bum when you run.

Your legs rub together when you walk.

You mop the floors and the baby dumps a bowl of spaghetti on it.

You are craving a bowl of cereal and your husband used up the last of the milk.

You decide to try and use "neat" (you know the hair removal lotion) but after you get it all slathered on you get a phone call and do not remove it in time and come to find out it burns through your skin and you have little red dots all over your legs. They are hairless, but still not smooth.

You start to peel and ruin a perfect tan.

You start your period in public with no backup materials and you have to resort to rolled up toilet paper.

You are always, and I mean always, the last one to drop your kid off at school.

You have to make your bed EVERY morning. A good alternative is just keeping your door shut.

You have to clean up a bottle of spilled syrup off the floor.

You stub your toe.

You get to the last page of a really great book.

You run out of conditioner and it takes you ten minutes to comb the knots out of your hair.

Your dog throws up under your bed at 4am.

You accidentally toot out loud in a room full of people.

You go to the beach with a friend and she has had three kids but does not have a single streach mark. Then says "I was just blessed with good genes! "

You are trying to write a blog and the kids are hanging at your ankles begging you to feed them some breakfast. I guess I should take that as sort of a hint. Better go feed my starving children before the Neighbors here them crying and call child protective services.

I hate it when child protective services shows up at your door.








4 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

Great song! I just love it! How do you do that? I would love to have a song on my blog.

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't figure out how to post a proper comment so...This is Colleen. Tannis told me about your blog site and gave me the address. She said it was funny and stuff, so I have read yesterday and todays. It is great to hear about the things that you do and you definitly have a gift for writing. Have a great day!!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

I hate it when people have cool blogs with cool music and cool pictures and they won't help someone else do it b/c they don't want their blog to be better than their own. But I don't know anyone like that!! J/K

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You never have to worry about no body commenting because I am obsessed with reading your blog.

Regarding point number one; about a month ago, I was in a public washroom and a hand reached under the stall and said, "Hey, pass me some toilet paper I'm out."

Thinking this lady is way more forward than I would ever be, even if I had just finished doing a 1,2,3 combination combined, I politely said, "Ok just a minute."

When she heard the sound of my voice, she humbly replied, "Sorry, wrong side, I thought you were my daughter."

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home