Saturday, December 11, 2004



Alyssa's Random Thoughts.....

Let me start by saying the pressure is on! Flipping through blog world I have noticed that almost every blog has a general theme. Some people have photo blogs to show off their artistic flair, some people have religious blogs, where they can preach the good new of Jesus Christ, some people have political blogs where they can Bush bash and complain about Americans and America, ( I do not read those ones....Mostly because I do not understand what they are saying) , some have wonderful little life lessons, ect. So I said to my self..."self I said" and I do this often. Talk to myself....And then answer myself. What is the general theme behind my blog? I sometimes show pictures but it is never anything of artistic value, I sometimes talk about God but it is just one baby Christian's opinion. I certainly do not talk politics, I still have to ask my husband "which ones are we again? Democrat or republican??" I certainly don't have any life lessons and my thoughts do not run much deeper then do you prefer to sit or stand after doing your buisness? So I have come to the conclusion from reading peoples comments that I am the "funny blog". I don't know how this happened because I have never been a really funny person. I was never been voted class clown, I never told a joke and had someone spit milk out their nose, I'm just your average run of the mill mother and housewife. So now you see the pressure is on. My "people" think I am funny and now I feel like everyday I have to out do my blog from the day before. This is allot of pressure for me. What if one day I run out of funny things to say? What if I have to surcome to "knock knock" and "a white horse fell in the mud jokes?" What if people start throwing rotten tomatoes at me as they laugh and point and say there is the girl who pretended to be funny but in the end was just plane punny? I could just post a picture of myself and at least give you something funny to look at! I am going to have to start watching comedians and stealing their one liners, and then I will get sued for plagiarism, and I will not be able to pay the huge settlement, and I will be thrown in jail, and my kids will go to foster care, and they will never speak to me again, and, and,and.........BREATH.......ok I'm alright. You see the standards I have to live up to?

So that being said let me tell you about my night last night. My friend called out of the blue and asked if the girls wanted to sleep over. This being the mom of the little girl who stayed at our house the previous weekend. So I got all the girls packed up and was ready to send them on their merry way! I was thinking about all the things I was going to be able to do that night now that I was down to only one child. Then I thought you know what that might be quite boring seeing as my list consisted of laundry, mopping, and dishes. So me being the lame and not at all pushy person that I am called her and asked if I can come over to play to. They were going to be making gingerbread houses, watching movies, and all sorts of fun stuff that was starting to sound way better then dishes and mopping. So off we all went (Ben was of course working) for a night of pre-Christmas fun! So we ate dinner (which I invited myself to) we made houses, (mine was the best, and Heather's kept caving in!), we drank wine, we ate candy, we laughed, we cried......ok we didn't cry but they always say that in the movies. So anyway we were well into the evening when the kids come marching down the stairs chanting " Heather is the best sleepover parent ever! Ballie's mommy is the best!" Apparently she had read my blog about our little sleep over party and my strive to get an A in sleepover 101. So the competition was on! She was pulling rabbits out of her hat left and right. "guess what kids! For breakfast I will make you pancakes and hot chocolate!" I did not have a fighting chance. We had all the kids in jammies and watching a movie upstairs, when down stairs Heather and I were having a slumber party of our own! We had wine, and candy, and wine, and girl talk, and next thing you know it is 1am the kids are asleep, her husband was asleep, and we were giggling like a couple of school girls. The girls have since informed us that their sleepover did not count because I was there most of the time. What can I say your mother is a tag along. I agree that it was not a fair sleepover b/c all the kids were asleep by 11pm.....Not 1am like the week before! So as we are competing for "the best sleep over parent ever" I decided that maybe this is one trophy I should let her win. If she is the best sleepover parent ever then all the sleepovers will be at her house. So I am throwing the game and she can have her victory....But I am the true winner here. Hee Hee!

On to my next subject. Don't you hate when certain people get jealous of what a wonderful blogger you are that they go out of their way to point out what ever flaw they can possibly find just to boost their own ego? A certain someone who I will not mention (her name is Kelly Trimle, she lives in Wichita Falls, TX, she has a husband named Jeff and two really cute little boys!) but I am not one to throw names so as I was saying. This certain person had the audacity to write a blog about a pet peeve of hers. She has a pet peeve of people who have bad grammar and cannot spell. Sounds fine enough...Everyone has their quirks...UNTIL my name was listed two times throughout her blog. This coming from a person who is so busy searching for my spelling errors that her kids are left to entertain themselves and run on her roof top for fun! Just kidding Kelly, LOVE YOU! Just remember you started it. Well sort of, well maybe, well I don't remember who started it but mark one on the score board for me! BOOYAA!

5 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Cute - very cute! I think you even spelled audacity right! Well maybe not, I don't know how to spell it but it looks right! Okay - I promise I won't make fun of your spelling anymore! Pinky swear!

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Leanne said...

Excellent work on the sleepover competition...Positively brilliant!

Lee

 
At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 We are Rebulican.
#2 I can see Alyssa took my advice and used MS Word to spell/grammar check her blog.
#3 Audacity IS spelled right (way to go Alyssa!)
#4 I love the way you screw-up the English language

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I know what you mean about the pressure. You have been compared to Seinfeld, those are really funny big shoes to fill. I saw Seinfeld the other day on T.V., he said that he quit the show at it's peak before people got tired of it. So I worried, will people get tired of my blog? Do I need to quit after one month?

Every day I write and rewrite, thinking that this blog won't be as good as the last one. Unfortunately I have Holy shoes to fill because I set up 'What would Jesus Blog'... I am still hitting myself on the head over that one.

Anyway, looking at it from the outside. Why don't you aim for an entertaining blog. Sometimes it will make us smirk, and sometimes it will make us fall off our chairs laughing. But I know that no matter how boring your think it might be, there is never a dull moment in Turner Town.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Weird thing, when I read your blog, I find, you are exactly like me, it's kind of freaky...I bet you're a little worried by that comment.

I was on your website yesterday, as I was stalking your family and I saw the video of your little fellow's first steps, and guess what?

You have my couch!!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home