Friday, December 03, 2004



I'll take one brain transplant please!

I have officially lost my mind. It has been threatening temporary insanity for some time now but now it is just simply non-existent. Yesterday my friend called and during conversation I asked her if she was going to our girl's cheerleading practice that night. She said she did not get the email and did not know about the practice, and that maybe that was a good thing b/c she would have a good excuse to not have to go. "not go!" I exclaim. "you have to go, who will I visit with on the side lines if you are not there?" So for the next five minutes I twisted her arm, she squealed in pain, and I convinced her to go. So the day goes on and I end up getting a last minute doctors appointment, so I asked my neighbor if she could watch the kids for an hour. She agreed and off I went. Funny how now I look forward to waiting in a DR's office waiting room because it is quite and no one is screaming "mmmmoooooomm!" Anyway back to my story. I get back from my appointment and go pick up the kids and of course we sit down and start gabbing. In conversation she finds out that Ben is working that night and she invites us to stay for supper. So we did and had a wonderful dinner and so forth. Well at 8:30 pm we were just cleaning up after the cookies and milk we made for the kids when she casually asks me "so what are you guys up to tomorrow" I respond with a "well tomorrow night the girls have a cheerleading performance OH MY GOSH!!!!" I forgot to go to cheerleading! I insisted that my friend go to cheerleading practice just to keep me company and I stood her up. It reminded me of all those nights I waited by the door for my flavor of the month I mean boyfriend of the month to come pick me up. So I called her up straight away to beg her for her forgiveness, and let her know that I will be scheduling a brain transplant at their earliest convenience. She being the loving person she is laughed it off, and I think she is still speaking to me. I mean she knows I am late for everything we talked about this the other day, but I think I have just taken that to new extremes.
On a totally different page, I have to say that my husband is the most romantic person in the world! He just came home and said I bought two gallons of milk for a very special reason.....They expire on our anniversary. Is that the most incredibly romantic gesture you have ever heard? A for effort I guess! Will someone please tell him that I prefer diamonds to milk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home