Saturday, November 27, 2004



Oh Christmas Tree!

The tree is up, the decorations are hung, the lights are up outside, the presents are underneath the tree, and although we have gone through all the motions it has been hard to wrap our heads around the idea that it could possibly be Christmas when it feels like July outside. We turned our air up high so it would be real cold in the house and we could make it at least feel like Christmas.
Anyway I don't know what I was thinking last year, but at the end of the season I bought decorations to do my dream tree this year. Actually my friend had my dream tree last year and I decided to copy her. Well what she did was stick bundles of poinsettia throughout the tree, and then had the matching ribbon and ornaments. I loved it! So I bought poinsettia but thought it would be neat to get the silver ones with matching silver ribbon. So I get all the decorations out all excited to do my dream tree when.....I looked around my living room and all my accents were gold. What was I thinking! I can't put a silver tree in a room with gold accents. (fashion faux paux!) So I had to go back to the store and get red poinsettia with red ribbon, which were of course not the end of season sale price, and start all over.
So all that said and done I have decided that next year I am going to do a Hawaii theamed tree. Instead of ribbon I am going to make a long flower lei and wrap it around the tree. Then instead of poinsettia I will get the large habbiscus flowers and stick them in and then get all the Hawaiian ornaments when they go on sale this year. Oh yeah also I will use a grass skirt for the tree skirt! Cute or what?
So far Corben has not messed with the tree to much (very surprising since he is a boy!) Although he still does a good job on the rest of the house. Today he through our cordless phone in the bathroom toilet. Yes it had to be the toilet in the girls bathroom that they always forget to flush.....and you can see where I am going with this. Needless to say we will not be using that phone anymore. The day before he was a real help and was cleaning the toilet with my makeup brushes. Aggghhhh!

1 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Leanne said...

Hey Alyssa,
I love your blog...I tune in everyday to see if there's something new to read. Your tree sounds great - I can't believe Corben's not all over it! You are so lucky...I am still doing childcare at home - I have 3 almost 2 year olds and one of them is just into everything! We put up our tree today so I am waiting to see if he will make me regret it! By the way - I started a blog of my own - you can find me at www.leannehowe.blogspot.com
blessings,
Lee

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home