Monday, November 29, 2004



Women of many talents!

Have you ever sat back and thought of the number of career titles that could follow the word mom? For example just in one given day, or how about today, I woke up as a "mom", and a "wife", then I was a "chef" I made cereal! Hey I did not say gourmet chef. So anyway, then I dressed the kids "fashion consultant", helped with homework "tutor", drove the kids to school "taxi cab driver", did laundry "laundry mat manager", vacuumed the house "maid" which also included cleaning the tub, toilets, dishes, mopping, dusting, making beds.....Then I cleaned the playroom "professional organizer", windexed all the mirrors and windows "window washer", made a vacation video for my mother of her trip to Hawaii "producer", then I borrowed some movies from my neighbor and burned copies for the kids "copywriter". Ok then I made lunch "cafeteria worker", put Corben down for a nap "nanny", read a book to the girls "librarian" Gave a friend some advice "confidant/unlicensed therapist", did some Christmas shopping online "personal shopper", welcomed my husband home from work "welcoming committee", invited some friends out to dinner " meal coordinator" engaged in social interaction over dinner "entertainer", wrote a blog "journalist", and now if I sleep with my husband and he gives me lunch money for tomorrow I guess I would be A...........starts with a "P"! Did I say that out loud? Just kidding!
On a more serious note we had a fun evening. We, like I said went out to dinner with some good friends of ours (the English girl with the cool accent!) and afterwards we had a little pre tree lighting, light up party. You see my husband is an electrician in the Air Force and in front of Addison's school is a 17 story high tower that they turn into a Christmas tree with thousands of lights. Well my husband was the man in charge of doing that this year and this Friday will be the big unveiling. Well since we are on the inside track, we and some friend got to go test out the lights with Ben and were the first people on base to see the tree lit up. It was absolutely beautiful! Really it was! For ten whole minutes it was breathtaking, and then the fuse burnt and Ben saw three week of hard labor flash before his eyes. So I guess they have 5 days to get things up and running again. Good thing for the pre-test is all I have to say!
I know I said Corben has been good with the tree, but right before bed he grabbed one of the breakable balls and chucked it across the kitchen shattering it into many pieces. So number of broken ornaments so far-1. SO now I have to guard the Christmas tree "body guard" Camryn was in tears over the loss of such a pretty sparkley ball, and needed to be consoled "child physcologist" Did spell check on blog "editor".
I can't wait to see what new career oppertunities await me tomorrow!

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe. very cute... Thanks for putting a smile upon my face : ) It's nice to read such a refreshing log... keep it "logging " along. - Michele

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Leanne said...

WOW! I need you to write my resume! You can add Magician to my list of skills - I managed to get three little muchkins into snowsuits this morning!

Lee

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your annie boat tug blog is great thanks

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home