Tuesday, December 07, 2004



50 things you may or may not know about me!

1. my middle name is Dawn. Originally my mom wanted dawn to be my first name and Alyssa to be my middle but then it would be Dawn Alyssa and that sounds very similar to Mona Lisa. By the way my name is spelled alisa but pronounce a-lisa.

2. I have the three cutest kids on the face of the planet. (at least in my eyes)

3. I have been a Christian for 6 years, but am not growing in God's love as fast and as much as I would like to be. By no other fault but my own.

4. I have been married to my husband for 6 years in a couple weeks, but I am not always the loving wife he deserves.

5. My big toe on my right foot is now half off do to the corben and ravioli can incident. So every toe is painted but that one and it looks real silly.

6. My favorite color is pink, could I get any girlier? Is that a word?

7. the palms of my hands are very ticklish.

8. my motto in life is you can never have enough clothes, and I live by it well!

9. I have no rhythm when I dance but I really wish I did. Unfortunately I handed this down to my oldest daughter Addison.

10. I am very clumsy and hardly get through a meal without spilling on my shirt. Good thing I have lots of backups. I am not walk into walls clumsy but I am always dropping stuff.

11. I copied this idea from someone else's blog. Someone I do not even know.

12. see I can't keep a secret.

13. I do not like the feel of wearing a thong and do not understand how anyone could.

14. After I tinkle I wipe standing up...but sit down for number 2.

15. I always thought the good thing about having small boobs is that at least they won't be able to sag when I get older...well guess what.....I was sadly mistaken.

16. I have a serious crush on Ben Affleck and would seriously consider running off with him. Although his turn offs are he smokes and he voted for Kerry.

17. I love to decorate the house, but like my blogs, I steal ideas from everyone else and never have any good ones of my own.

18. One of my favorite shows on TV is One Tree Hill, and yes they are in highschool.

19. I always wanted to be a cheerleader but never was and am now living vicariously through my daughter, who is 5. Sad isn't it?

20. When I was pregnant with my son I secretly wanted another girl, but I am sooooo glad God had a different plan. The bond between a mother and a son is so incredible.

21. My biggest pet peeve is when your pants wrinkle in the hip area and bag out in knees after you sit down.

22. I often fall asleep in the bath tub.

23. When I grow up I want to be as witty, and have a blog like Darlene from "What Would Jesus Blog" I have never even met her but somehow feel like I know her. Hopefully one day I will meet the real thing.

24. I got my first zit when I was 19 and have not stopped since.

25. I have 7 more months in my 20's

26. My husband is really hoping I hit my sexual peek when I turn 30.

27. About two year ago I had a serious sweaty armpit problem and would soak through the pits of all my clothes, then one day it just stopped. A mystery to me!

28. the tops of my inner thigh rub together when I walk.

29. In college my roommate and I would get drunk and watch Aladen. More then once...more then ten times.

30. only 20 more left bare with me

31. the best movie I have seen lately is Bridget Jones's Diary prt 2

32. I spent many years shaking my fist at God over "why" questions, but have since come to accept that we are just not going to have all the answers on this side of glory.

33. I sometimes wear the days of the week underwear on the wrong days. What ever is closest to the top. Yes I bought them in the kids section, but in my defense they were on sale for 50 cents a pair, and I never pass up a good deal.

34. the hair color of my youth does not come to me naturally anymore. That you probably already knew from my two inches of roots.

35. when my daughter gets to 6th grade she will probably be smarter then I am, and that's being nice.

36. I never ever watch the news because I am just simply not interested.

37. Instead I watch good quality television like MTV.

38. I am in love with the show Desperate Housewives, and schedule my Sunday nights around it.

39. I have been searching for a church to call home since we moved to Hawaii almost a year ago and am getting discouraged and close to giving up.

40. I brought both my brothers to Christ this summer. It was amazing!

41. I have not had a quite time in several month but am trying to convince myself that Darlene's blog counts.

42. I have a bad habit of picking dry skin off my lips.

43. I put ketchup on almost everything I eat, and my favorite food is french fries. (got a two for one there)

44. I have not worked in my scrapbooks for 2 years. I told myself I was not going to be one of those moms that has tons of pictures in an awesome scrapbook for my first kid and then not keep it up for the rest of them. You already know the outcome to this one.

45. I hate morning time, and become wide awake when the sun goes down.

46. I pretend that I keep a wonderfully clean house but mostly only clean it if I know someone is coming over. Although I have a new neighbor who is queen of the unannounced "drop in" so my house stays allot cleaner these days. I don't know if I should thank her or kill her. Kill is a very harsh word but I could not think of another one. so no that I wanted a kinder word but I have writers block.

47. I have heard so many of my friends experience guilt over leaving their kids to go out with friends or a trip or what ever the case may be. I do not feel at all guilty about taking time for myself. Is that a good thing or am I just a bad mom?

48. I love the smell of coffee but cannot stand the taste of it.

49. I tried drugs in college.

50. I think it is funny when I fart out loud, but give my husband heck if he does it.

I could go on but I will spare you. I bet you are thinking "why could she not have followed in the shoes of David Letterman and did a top ten."

3 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Last night, I went to bed at about 2 am. My poor husband was trying to sleep, and I kept on laughing. He would wake up and say, "Ok, what are you laughing about?" I told him about your blog. Unfortunately for him, there was about 50 things to laugh about, so he didn't get much sleep. I kept saying, "Oh yeah, another one..."

I hope you don't strangle me when I copy your idea!!! I thought it was a great blog.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Leanne said...

Alyssa this is the funniest thing I have read in ages - and I think we must be long lost twins because I could check my name off beside most of those things!

Here's the deal - next year when you come for Christmas I will have you and Darlene over for a girls night...only 12 more months :)

I am back in the blogging world - I am catching up on reading and I will be posting something sometime today...it's been utter craziness here...
Lee

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

You are KILLING me! That is hilarious - the best one you have written - even if you did copy it! I have to agree with so many things you said - I swear we are twins seperated at birth. Only I don't spell things wrong and I didn't try drugs in college. :)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home