Saturday, December 04, 2004



Sleep deprivation

I have luggage, and unfortunately I do not mean Louie Vuitton! No the kind of luggage am speaking of is under my eyes.Last night we thought it might be fun to let our girls have a sleepover with their friend at out house. What was I thinking????It is one of those things where I feel like I have to totally impress this child because if for some reason she starts crying and decides she wants to go home to her mommy and daddy then I am a total failure. I would get an F in sleepover 101. So I pull out all the stops......I am baking cookies, I am serving sparkling grape juice in plastic wine glasses, I am setting up a tent, I am being funny, ect. My plan went down to perfection but I was one worn out and weary mommy. We put the girls to bed at 10pm. Well we attempted to anyway. The girls have bunkbeds so we put the two older girls together and Cam the youngest up in the top. Well this did not go over well at all with Camryn and there was no way all three girls would fit and sleep in the bottom bunk. So we being the best sleep over parents ever gave up our king size luxurious bed to these little 4 foot princesses. So this left everyone happy, except for me who was dreading that climb up the ladder to the top bunk, being pretty certain that the bed would not hold my weight and I would come crashing down on top of my unsuspecting husband who still attempts to tell me he doesn't think my butt is too big. Did I say this left them happy? I ment to say this left them happy for 5 minutes. We got them all bathed, brushed, tinkled, PJ'd up, and tucked in three times. Ben and I then came down to watch a movie in 10 minute intervals. Thump, thump, thump, thump, pause, I want a drink, thump, thump, thump, rewind, play, thump, thump, thump, pause, its too dark, thump, thump, thump, rewind, play, thump, thump, thump, pause, now it is too light, thump,thump,thump you get the drift. Thump, thump, thump, is the sound effects of the stairs (just in case you were wondering) this was followed by about ten, she pushed me, she said I wasn't her best friend, she already told a storey and now it is my turn to tell a storey and she is telling another one. So we finally finished our movie some where around 1am and I went up stairs to find the girls STILL awake and talking. I went in there to yell at them, I mean speak to them one more time and told them it was time to sleep and we were going to bed, when they all started crying and begging me to sleep with them. So in I crawl to my little 12 inches of space left for me in my king size not so luxurious bed. I spent the rest of the night attempting to sleep with two little knees jammed into my back and the soothing sound of grinding teeth. lets just say the next time I volunteer for a sleep over push me off a steep cliff and put me out of my misery. I am pretty sure I never acted this way when I was a little hormonal drama queen child. Right mom?
PS- the little darlings woke up and were raring to go again at 7am! that is 6 hours of sleep for any of you that are mathamatically challanged like me. I used a calculator!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home