Tuesday, January 04, 2005



One In The Same

Well I sit here before you glistening and glowing. The glisten is the sweat dripping off my forehead and the glow is my beat red face. You see I just got home from my first run of the year! I did three miles pushing the double long stretch limo stroller, two adorable rug rats, and breakfast for all! Mothers are so good at the multi tasking thing. Now I am beginning to sound like my husband....Complimenting myself. "Good run honey!" "Well thank you self!" "No really your the best!" "Oh stop it I am blushing!" "Oh hi..." I forgot you were still there. Ok back to my story. So as I am running I am dreading every next step. Setting small goals for myself. Ok make it to the curve in the road, ok make it to that next rock, ok make it to the park, ok two more steps, and on and on every last tortures minute. Then of course when I see someone coming I pick up the pace so everyone thinks I am an extreme runner. I imagine in my head how they are thinking "wow look at that girl run, and she is pushing that big stroller, and look how cute her kids are, I wish I could be like her" Cartoon of fat man running toward a hot dog held in from of him with a fishing poleYour right that is probably not what they are thinking but it sounded good in my head. I give them a big smile and a hello while trying not to sound totally deflated and out of breath. After all an extreme runner would never be out of breath. Then I think I should get a real great matching outfit so people will say "wow look at the girl, she is such a great runner and look at that awesome outfit, boy can she ever accessorize!" So then I pass them and return back to my snail pace and gasp for air. Image is everything right? So finally I come to the end of my excruciating run and I get in my car to drive home. I am quite proud of myself on the way home and tried to pat myself on the back but I pulled a muscle during the attempt. Ok forget the pat on the back, instead I look in the mirror and say "you are good enough, you are strong enough, you are smart enough, and gull darn it people like you!" then I look up and dodge the cat running across the street. I recover from that ok, well better then the cat anyway, his tail will never be the same again. Ok focus on the road, almost home. Now that I have that horrible exercise thing behind me, I have come to one conclusion, exercise is like sex. You could think of about 100 better things to do, you have to force yourself off the couch, you set small goals for yourself, and you look forward to the end, but after it is all over you think wow that was not so bad, maybe even fun, and I actually look forward to doing it again someday....Maybe next month!






5 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK show off. I finally removed the Christmas tree and reveled the treadmill that has been hiding behind it. I got as far as letting it down and turning it on . Then made another cup of tea. After reading your blog I quess I better
get going.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well holy crap one of the first times i read your blog this year and i think im blushing. You certainly have a way with analogies!!

Jeff T

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyssa,

Be careful with that whole exercise thing. You know that I cannot go to the beach with you if you get too skinny!

Vanessa

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

Hello there. I am a friend of Darlenes. I just came from visiting your website. And I am extremely impressed. I just wanted to tell you . . . . IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FAMILY WEBSITE I HAVE EVER SEEN! Beautifully done ! ! ! I just love the pictures, music and the way you were so creative in going from page to page. Simply Beautiful. You and your children are soooo gorgeous!

Hawaii looks like sooo much fun. That is my dream location to visit some day! Doubt that it will happen. But one can always dream!

Great job on the site (plus I enjoy your blog too!)

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Ok, if you weren't already tanned and gorgeous...you have to also add buff to your credentials? Argh, some girls have all the luck.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home