Saturday, January 15, 2005



When It Rains It Pours....

So I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to blog on weekends, or on PMS week. I have decided to take weekends off because we are just plain and simply to busy on the weekends. Too busy going to the beach that is...jk. Boy do I just love rubbing it in that I get to live in Paradise 365 days a year. The reason I have decided to stop blogging on PMS week is because I am just plain and simply too frustrated to think. Every nerve and my body is strangelling the neck of the nerve next to them. Add some mudd and a couple string bikinis and it could be quite entertaining. Where did that come from? See what I mean. So I supose now I am breaking all the rules because it is a Saturday, and it is PMS week, and I am blogging. But this does not count really because I am just laying down the rules. Now why it is I feel I have to anounce to the world when ever I am menstrating. Possibly to make an excuse for my behavior, or perhaps its one of those "if I am going down I am taking you all with me type things. " Anyway what ever it is,this is the time of the month where I really hate being a girl. I guess it does have a plus side. It is the one week where I have a perfect excuse not to.....well anyway....you know.

So now that you know how my day started yesturday, let me tell you about the rest of it. First of all Addison had to be to school extra early because she had a field trip. Her first field trip! The field trip she was so exciting to go on that she came and woke me up two times in the middle of the night because she thought it had to be time and I had forgotten to take her. Did I tell you "I
hate morning!" I find it absoltuly painful to get out of bed in the morning. Normally Addison is right with me on this one and I have to tug at her for 30 minutes every morning just to open her eyes. Not this morning though. Nope! I just walked in her room and said "Ready for your field trip?", and she poped out of bed faster then a jack in the box.

Then there was the whole deal of Ben needing to work downtown that night and still not being able to drive on base. So seeing as he had all week to make some sort of arrangements, he decided to wait until the last minute and then calls and asks me to find somewhere to drop the jeep off, and someone to pick me up. Again he did the crime but I am doing the time. So I arrange to leave the jeep just off base and had a friends who was going to meet me at the drop off point and give me a ride back home. (feel free to put your nominations in for wife of the year) No wait it gets better. I go out to the jeep and open the door and there is about three inches of water in the floor boards. Not to mention 4 boxes of clothes floating in the water. Clothes that I had sent with Ben to drop off at Goodwill A WEEK AGO. So I carry all the bags and boxes to the trash, climb through the mountain of camping gear, golf bags, and tools in our storage closet
to retrieve the shot-vac, untangle and extension cord so I can plug it in, and vacume the entie car, all this with a toddler hooked to my waiste. A headache and sore back later I get the car "in possition" and am back home to sit on the couch and watch tv and eat bon bons. Oh wait that is what I wanted to do, what I really had to do was five loads of laundry, two loads of dishes, sweep, mop and vacume the floors, make the beds, run to the grocery store, and entertain two
children.

It is nearing supper time by now, so I get that started. Ben comes home has a quick costume change and is out the door to his other job. I proceeed with the kids through dinner, a costume change of their own, and off to cheerleading. Here I get to sit in a hot sweaty gym for an hour and try to keep my two toddlers from running out onto the basketball court. That task is about as easy as trying to herd a bunch of angry bulls while wearing a red Prada pants suit. Just when I think I could not possibly have any more fun in one day the bell rings, the game ends and I start my own game of prying three wiggly kids into car seats.

In one swift motion I start the car, turn on the kids T.V., break up a fight, and throw into reverse. I start backing up, but the car is not really moving. It felt like I was running over something, perhaps a rodent or small child. I slam the van back into park, get out and take a survailance of the surounding area. There did not appear to be any obstruction, so I figured it must have been my imagination and got back into the car. I proceeded out the parking lot, but there was definatly somethign dragging, or not right with the car. I get out again, and this time walk around the entire car. I gaze down to the drivers side front tire and find the problem. It was as flat as my chest! I waved down one of the other mothers in the parking lot and begged her for a ride home.

Finally my bad day was nearing an end. I already had one child down for the count and the girls wear all suited up in their jammies and ready to snuggle in for a movie and some popcorn. I decided to give my brother a quick call while the popcorn was cooking and chat for a bit. The girls started muching the popcorn and running around the house like wildabeasts, when I hear Camryn choking on a popcorn kurnnel. I just reach her to access the situation when she starts profusly puking on the living room carpet. LOVELY! Nothing like the smell of recycled fajitas to top off a great day. I give the poor girl yet another costume change, and I get into costume with my rubber gloves for my down and dirty clean up on aisle six act.

When I finally crawlled into my comfy cozy bed, I turned over and fell alseep to the wonderful sound of rats scampering around in my attic. Rats you say? Yes RATS! Big ugly, loud, stinky rats. I envisioned them all sitting around our rat trap tossing jokes back and forth about how cheese does not really work. Last week I heard one dare the other to try and grab the cheese without getting caught. He had a stick of gum on the wager.

I would like to say that today is going much better but so far it really is not. We started the day by getting a ride back to our van, changing the tire to a donut, and coming back home. Then Ben finally went up in the attack to check the traps we set ( a week ago) and there was good news and bad news. The good news is we caught one! The bad news is, it was probably about a week ago (got to love procrastinators). I won't go into detail but lets just say we could have hosted one of those Fear Factor
shows.

After we got that mess cleaned up, we proceeded to costco to get our tire fixed. We had to wait three hours so we decided to take in a movie. Note to self:do not take a toddler who will not sit still and a PMSing mother to a matinee. In fact don't take me anywhere. Now I am home with my headache and bad mood complaining to you poor poeple. For this reason,this will be my last blog during PMS week. Good riddens!


8 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Okay - this is Jeff and Kelly - how sad are we - it's 12:30 am and we are checking the blogs to see who has posted! We are both sitting here reading your blog. SAD - but once again you have made your lemons into lemonade and made us laugh! Jeff said he is making a new rule and not blogging during "his week" either.

YOu could get a dog who brings dead rats up to the back door after chewing on them - then when your husband is too lazy to put it in the trash and just throws it behind the shed - brings it back and YOU have to pick it up and throw it away. But it sounds like Ben is taking care of the situation. He deserves sex for that!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Joey said...

Wow, rough couple of days. I hope Monday brings a better week for you.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Yep, sounds like paradise alright!

I will miss the weekends and the PMS weeks. The paragraph on the rats was one of my favorite paragraphs of all time...so see, you can still blog better than anyone PMS or not!

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alyssa. Great blog! I think you should get the "blog out" even more during PMS week. Get it off your chest, I'll bet you feel better for it and we all love to hear about it. I, for one, like to read that I'm not the only one who is barely managing my insanity with 3 young kids. It's nice to know there are more of us out there!

Anxiously awaiting your next blog, PMS or not,
Kendra

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

Ya know, as I was reading your blog...in between all the laughter, I couldn't help humming the tune to "Just Another Day In Paradise", which I nominate for your new theme song! And Kelly, I didn't know GUYS could have a "week" too?! Where do I sign up??

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah come on my PMS lasts at least two weeks before and then the week of {worse} you can do it use your blog to vent {oh ya you do that already} maybe blogging will some how make it better....Good Luck

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not too fond of rats or anytype of small rodent. Luckily we live in a climate that kills everything off for a season and then we start off fresh.

I also agree that you shouldn't stop blogging during your PMS week. You are very entertaining. The question you need to ask yourself is "does it make you feel any better after you blog?" Don't worry about us, we are able to handle it.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

That last post was me (by the way). As I was publishing my post I noticed that Anonymous was selected a little too late.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home