Friday, January 07, 2005



Things that make you go Hmmm....


So I was talking to my friend on the phone yesterday. Once again I won't divulge her name, but you will remember her from a previous blog as Kelly Trimble, from Wichita Falls, TX, who is married to Jeff, has two kids, and who often is on my case about my spelling. So anyway I was talking to this girl and she was telling me how her and her husband are looking at coming to Hawaii for vacation. So we discussed places to stay things to see ect. Then her husband pipes up in the background and asks a question about one of the Islands most popular sites. Kelly replies to her husband "she will not know that!" before she even asked me a might add. So I am getting very curious as to what this question could be. This question that I could not possibly know the answer to. So I swallow all my pride and ask her. She said, "Jeff wants to know where the Arizona Memorial is." Now like I said this is one of the most popular things to see on the Island. We live on the Island that is most famous for the Pearl Harbor bombing on Dec 7 in 1941, and she did not think I would know where the Arizona Memorial is. Ok so I had to ask my husband the date, but I knew it was in December. It is not like he asked the history of the Arizona, or how many people frequent it in a given day. Hmmm! I mean I know I am blond, and I do not watch the news because the on goings of the world do not interest me, and I know nothing about politics because frankly that bores me to, and I do not like to research stuff and fill my head with useless information, but where is the Arizona Memorial? Come on! she must think I am dumber then I think.

Why does a bank charge you a non sufficient funds fee on money that they know you already don't have. Hmmm! We got three of them this month! Got to love Christmas. Ben will be happy, now I am talking about our sex life, and our financial situation. So basically they are telling us that now you are $75 broker then you we were before. Thanks!

If love is blind, why does Ben always know when I spend to much money at the Gap? Hmmm!

How can you say honesty is the best policy if you haven't tried some of the others? Hmmm! For example if I ask Ben if my butt looks to big in these jeans, I am perfectly happy if he lies through his teeth and says "of course not honey!"

Did you konw taht eevn if you sepll eevry wrod worng, you can stlil raed it and udrnesatnd waht you are tyrnig to say? Hmm! I wonder if certain people who are always on my case know this?

Can a stupid Person be a smart ass? Hmmm! I think yes!

Why are you expected to slow down in a speed zone. Hmmm! I guess this is what Ben was thinking when he got his speeding ticket on base yesterday. There is good news and bad news about getting a speeding ticket on base. The good news is, it does not cost anything. The bad news is, they take your license away and you are forbidden to drive on base 1 day for every mile you go over. So my husband will be hoofing it for the next 13 days. The only problem is he works down town three nights a week. This is becoming quite the inconvenience for me (the innocent victim) I guess that is what happens when you tie the knot and become one! I should have taught Ben some of my tricks. I got caught speeding on base the week before but I did not get a ticket. It is amazing what a women can get away with. "I am so sorry officer, I did not know the speed limit was 25 and not 35, wink wink!"

Do all men put the milk container back in the fridge when there is one teaspoon of milk left in the bottom? Hmmm. Not that I am complaining honey.....At least you did not leave it on the counter!


Are you telling the truth if you lie in bed? Not that I would ever have any reason to lie in bed. No really I am not joking....No complaints! Well maybe just a few but we can talk about it later. No I am kidding........Really!

P.S- I will leave you with something funny that just happened to me. I was doing spell check on my blog before I posted it and you know the sentence I wrote about spelling things wrong. Well they kept coming up on spell check and I kept correcting them thinking wow I was really typing bad...So many words in a row. Maybe Kelly was right I am dumber then I think I am.

Speaking of me being an idiot, here is one other really stupid thing that happened to me recently. We had company and we were sitting at the dinner table and I got up to get a drink of water from our water cooler and my dad asked me to grab him one to, but says he wants one at room temperature. I say "ok so you want one from the tap then?" He says "no room temperature." I say "I know...From the tap." He points to the water cooler and it has two taps on it. One is white and the other is blue. Apparently room temperature water comes out of the white tap and cold water comes out of the blue tap. "REALLY?!" I exclaim in shock! You see we have had this water cooler for two years and I always thought that the two taps were there just so you could pic your favorite. I usually picked the blue one because white is actually the absence of color. Once and awhile I would pick the white one. The water would be warm and I just figured that the machine must have been broken that day or the water was low or something. Then the next day I would get a glass of water (probably from the blue one), and it was cold again. Yeah it fixed itself! I am beginning to think I might have allot in common with Jessica Simpson, except she is way prettier, and richer!

















12 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Leanne said...

cracking me up as usual....!!!!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Nice! Very funny! Hey - I can't help it you have put yourself out there as a dumb blonde! You make yourself look that way whether you are or aren't - it's your "thing". Besides - I didn't even know what the Arizona was a memorial for so - there you go!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Kelly

Once again...not quite a compliment. But I will take what I can get from you!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Just last night, I said to my son, "Things that make you go hmmm, I'm going to use that for a blog this week!" Argh!

But I am sure that it wouldn't have measured up to yours anyway, very funny.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez Alyssa...you talk about your sex life, your husband's bad habits, your financial situation. Don't get too close to Kelly or you'll start sending out resumes for Ben without him knowing! HA!
Kirk

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Thanks Kirk - what is this the Gang up on Kelly blog?

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Joey said...

Alyssa,
I've been reading your blog for the past week, and I've enjoyed every entry. Thanks for sharing your stories.

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to chose between leaving a teaspoon of milk or drinking the last drop of milk...I choose the lesser of two evils.
Ben

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyssa,

I love reding your blog. Sorry my husband is so mean sometimes. I also want to say thanks for having the link to everyone else's blog. I love to read Darlene's. Jen

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops...looks like you're not the only one who misspells things. Jen

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly...my wife informed me that I was mean. I did not intend for my resume comment to be mean, so if you were offended, I apologize. We used to laugh and joke about it, so I thought you would take it in good humor.
:) Kirk

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Catherine West said...

Wow.
Thanks for the info on the water cooler buttons...
who knew??

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home