Tuesday, January 11, 2005



You Want Me To What???

I went to spin class last night and experienced my second near death experience. The instructor say 45 minutes into our workout, and I quote "OK now we are going to pick it up a notch. I want you at 100%. When you get done with this I want you to feel like you need to puke." Pick it up a notch? 100%? Puke? Already I cannot breath, my legs are numb, I have a bicycle seat half way up my rear, my face is the same red color as my shirt, and It feels like my head is going to explode, and you want me to pick it up a notch? I have done many kinds of aerobic classes but none have ever challenged me as much as this spin class did. Never have I been warned that I might need a puke pail by me side! It was absolutely 1 hour and 15 minutes of pure torture. Well actually the cool down was not to bad. I could handle that. So if any of you are into self torture I suggest you try spinning yourself to death. I think I am still walking funny today. I guess it all part of my Hey What's Going On These Pants Never Used To Be This Tight, I Just Saw My Self In A Full Length Mirror, And Man I Look Like A Fat Cow Diet.

So yesterday I am shopping the internet......One of my favorite past times, and I end up at the maternity section at Old Navy. They are having a sale and I end up buying a few things. No I am not pregnant, but just in case. In case my Hey What's Going On These Pants Never Fit This Tight, I Just Saw Myself In A Full Length Mirror, And Man I Look Like A Fat Cow Diet does not work I can just get knocked up and go for the Extra Streach Elastic Waist Band Eat What Ever You Want At Any Time Of The Day Or Night Diet. A much easier one to live up to I am sure. No, in all seriousness Ben and I are going to start trying for number four (do not have a heart attack mom)! I was going through all Corben's baby clothes and it was so sad to see how much he has grown so fast. I am sure that is a feeling that will never pass no matter how many kids I have, but I think I will feel complete a four. At least I hope I feel complete at four. Any more then that and we will have to buy a fifteen passenger van just to haul the kids around. So please be praying that this is not going to be a long process, you know my feelings on frequent sex. I am still trying to convince Ben that once a month is plenty enough to do the trick! For some reason he does not agree and is still trying to install the 72 hour rule.


7 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please pass along that my thoughts and prayers are with your hubby at this time. The "once a month" campaign cannot be a good thing. I speak for 99% of the hetrosexual men in this country in having a moment of silence for the man we call "poor,neglected Ben"

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign my name - Jeff Trimble - is there for ya Ben - well not "there for ya" but you know what I mean I hope.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Joey said...

I used to spin before I had my baby, I feel your pain (well, not anymore but after the first class I felt it for a week straight). Stick with it, it gets easier.

Congratulations on trying for #4. I hope it happens soon for you.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Sorry, I had to delete my previous post, it was too gross for either of our sites.

Congratulations!

I think that when you are done having kids you just know that your done. I knew after the fourth kid who is crying beside my chair right now.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirk here, paying my respects to the "poor, neglected Ben". I will now also pause for a moment of silence.

Don't give up on the 72-hour rule. Try easing your way into it though. Maybe compromise with the 168-hour rule the first week and then the 72-hour rule will come easier. I don't speak from experience, it just sounds logical! HA!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger John Daharsh said...

Is the spelling of your son's name "Corben?" If so, then you and I have something in common. We named our son Corben and deliberately changed the spelling from the traditional "Corbin"

Just found it interesting that there was another Corben out there.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home