Friday, January 21, 2005



Cabin Fever

OK it has been 18 consecutive days since I have been to the beach. I am beginning to look as white as my Canadian relatives! I have either not had time To go to the beach, or I have had time, and it is not sunny enough. This week we have thrown one sick child and a sore throat of my own into the mix. So we have been on house arrest all week and it is starting to make me antsy. I have lost all desire to write a creative blog or to be funny. So today I am going to give you lucky bloggers a dose of Alyssa babble. Babble is when I type any thought that comes into my head at any given time. First of all I would like to give a shout out to one on my best friends Marla Denny who just gave birth to a very long awaited little boy last night. His name is Landen Watson Glenn Denny, and I am anxiously awaiting pictures. My baby fever has been sky rocketing lately and I am doing everything in my power to hold myself back from jumping on a plane so I can go hold and hug him. To add some more good news, this sore throat of mine has made it hard to swallow, which in turn has made it hard to eat, which in turn has made me lose 5 pounds this week!!! 5 more and I will get back to my pre-Christmas weight. The sore throat has led to a constant headache all week, and I am starving but you know what they say "no pain no gain" Who are "they" anyway. You always here "well they say" and no one ever questions who they are. Ok now I am babbling and rambling. To add even more great news, I got my new red toaster in the mail yesturday! Now I just have to get the red coffee maker and all my appliances, dishes, utensils, and kitchen walls will match! Next thing I would like to say is TiVo rocks! It has given me a whole new stress free outlook of TV. I am watching my favorite show and I get an important call, and I am torn between answering it or ingnoring it. Well not anymore. I simply pause live TV, talk on the phone, and rewind when I am done. Ingenious! Also you can tape two shows at once and you never have to worry about missing your favorite shows again. Also I would like to rave about Netflix. If you have not tried this company it is awesome! You pay $17 a month and you get three movies at a time. You have a list on there website of all the movies you want and when ever you send in the movies you get three more. The turn over time for these movies have been amazing. I put them in there prepackaged, postage paid envelopes, stick them in my mailbox, and two days later I have new movies. I don't even have to get out of my pj's to go to the movie store. It just gets easier and easier to be lazy.
So on that note I sat and watched 4 hours of Sex And The City last night. So my mind should be good and warped now. I got the whole season fom Netflix and watched the whole thing at once. I just couldn't get enough Carry Bradshaw. It was the last series they will ever do and I got sadder and sadder as I neared the end. However it had great closure. Carry is with Big, Samantha survived Cancer and is in love for the first time in her life, Miranda is happily married with her husband and little boy in Brooklyn, and Charlotte and her husband are waiting to get there precious baby girl from China. Just in case you were wondering. Ben is now driving again, and that is such a great relief. I am sure that through all my constant nagging he will not be speeding on base again any time soon. Just kidding, I would never nag. Also I would like to say congratulations to my other best friend in the world Lisa Campbell who got married over the Christmas holidays. She is my last single friend to take the plunge and strap on the old ball and chain. I mean join this wonderful union of marital bliss. No really marriage is great and I would take it over singlehood any day. You may not get those first kiss butterflies everyday but that unconditional love and security you have in each other far surpasses any weak at the knees feeling. Yet you still get that flutter in you stomach when you see each other after being apart for a week or 3 months. Plus nothing beat being so comfortable in a relationship that you can fart outloud and laugh. So good luck to you Lisa and Dave Harrisko! May you have a loving and flatulent marriage! Well I guess I should get Corben down for his nap, and go clean something. You think being stuck in my house for a week with nothing to do that it would be extremely clean. No such luck. I try but I just can't keep up. It is four against one after all. I get one room done, move on to the next one, and the kids start tearing them up behind me. This blog is much to long considering I have nothing to say. So for those of you who are actually still reading through to the end I bid you a good day! Hopefully I will get some sun rays soon and I will be rejuvenated and funny again.

6 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I'll take farting outloud over candlelight dinners anyday.

Even when we do have the odd canlelight dinner, someones fart usually end up blowing the flame out anyways right?

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I am still considering TiVo - isn't like $20 a month too? We used to do Netflix but we recently switched to Blockbuster - it is $14/ still get 3 movies out at a time and you get 2 coupons a month to use in the store for movies or games. It is just as fast too.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Kelly

It was $14/month for the digital recorder thing at that includes upgrading to digital cable. We tried the blockbuster thing first but it was taking them a week to get the movies to us. I guess it was our location that was making it take longer. Netflix has a hub in California so it does not take long from there.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

I am sooo tired after reading your blog! HA! You even used the Reiser "they" routine in your blog. Wow...has the day finally come that even Alyssa can't be original? Just kidding! But seriously, what's up with all the farting comments? I will let you guys in on a very personal thing, of which I am very proud. In over 8 years of marriage, Jennifer has still not ever heard me fart. It's not even a conscious effort that I make, I just don't do that in front of anyone. Maybe if I did, my wife would get the weak-in-the-knees feeling again...but probably from the scent, not the romance!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

In my defence I have not read that book in years and did not even realise that was one of his things. Not that I thought I was the first person to say "and who are they" However I have never claimed to be original anyway. Jenn is lucky! Ben likes to wait until we are in a comfined space to fart in front of me, like the car, or the worst time was in the shower. Then there is steam coming from all ends and there is no escape. That was a one time occurance let me tell you!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Bless your lil heart - no beach time! I have it rough here also - the butler quit and my chef is struggling with the meal tonight! No clue how you can watch sex in the city. I'm telling you it freaks me out. The bathroom talk on this blog scares me - rule number 1 at the Trimble household - bathroom door always shut/no potty talk and lets pretend the bathroom stuff never happens!!!I personally am like the guy in "American Wedding" - never use public bathrooms!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home