Tuesday, February 08, 2005



To Blog or Not To Blog?

It seems like everyone is going through the blogging blues lately. Everyone seems to be losing the creative desire that used to burn inside them in their early blogging days. I know that since I have started blogging I feel like it has become more of an addiction then a hobby. It is so easy to let all these compliments go to my head and pretend that I actually have fans. However I feel that my family and my house cleaning have been severely neglected in this process. So there in lies the question "to blog or not to blog" Well a funny thing happened yesterday and I was forced not to blog. Our electricity went out for a day and a half. No TV, no internet, no blog, no light. It was almost like an out of body experience to spend a whole night and day just hanging out with my family and some flash lights! I felt like a part of me was missing....oh yeah I did not have a computer glued to my
forehead. So what I learned is that hanging out with my kids with no interruption is awesome, but I also realized that I am not ready to give up the blog. So here is where I have decided to go from here. To sum it up in one word "boundaries". I must set myself up with some blogging boundaries. For example I can write my blog in the morning, read everyone else's, and then maybe surf through one more time before I go to bed, but no more running to my computer every 5 minutes to read and write comments. To kick this new routine off I am going on a three day fast. I will be fasting from food, the computer, and the TV for the next 3 days. I am going to dedicate these three days to spending time with my family and God. I hope this will be the kick off to a new outlook on my role as a mother, wife, and Christian women. So the Godmother is signing off for three days. I will be back Saturday and I will even break my rule and blog on the weekend. I should be able to come up with some good blogs while I am starving, with my fingers shaking from typing withdrawals, and blurred vision from the lack of television. Wish me luck! If anyone would like to sponsor me they can send Gap gift certificates to help the cause.


8 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

As my mama told me once: will it matter in ten years that your house was clean today? (she was referring to cleaning vs playing with me as a baby)

So ... will it matter that you cleaned today and didn't blog? Or that you deprived us of a blog to tackle a dustbunny?

Thus, I say, leave those dustbunnies in peace, and blog on!

lol

Unless, of course, the kids are EATING the dustbunnies. One of mine did, once.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Good luck with this. I do feel its important to structure you're blog time. You shouldn't feel pressure to blog - but... just talking about your life is interesting! I'm being serious, for once! Tell Ben good luck - I'm sure the fasting will provide you with a perfect demeanor and you will be a loving and patient person while starving!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

It's Thursday now, just checking to see if you broke down. You must be doing great because you're still not here, good for you.

I miss you in blogland.

Blessings,

Darlene

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Catherine West said...

Oooo she's got willpower.
Wow.
Can't wait to read the post on Saturday, it will surely be full of exciting and wonderful words of wisdom and inspiration!
But what I want to know is, if you're not blogging, are you checking your comments? Hmmm....that would't exactly be cheating, would it?
Probably something I would do. But then I would be too tempted to write back, so I guess that wouldn't work. Well, hope the shakes aren't too bad.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

It's Friday, I'm here. You have missed out on the changing of the comment box. Pretty cool stuff. Now we can see faces when we post a comment. Small things amuse small minds. Hope you're back tomorrow!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

WAITING PATIENTLY FOR YOUR RETURN..................

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

It's Saturday, I am waiting for the comback tour.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home