Monday, February 07, 2005



Weekend Update!

Well it is Monday once again and we had a very delightful weekend. Friday night we went to Addison's cheerleading game then I came home and snuggled up with the Movie Shall we Dance. Saturday we went on a mission to find Corben some bunk beds. That is one more thing to add to the list of things that suck about living in Hawaii. Your furniture options are very limited and it costs an arm and a leg to get anything shipped from the mainland. So we ended up at a nude furniture store and found exactly what I was looking for so that was exciting!.. They will finish it in any color you want but for $230 cheaper you can paint it yourself. I am really not in the mood to paint. I did the girls bunk beds that way and it took me 9 straight hours. Yes I could have spread this out but I am one of those people that once I start something I have to finish it, and I am setting it up in the room before the paint is even totally dry. So I guess it is time to get my paint brush out again. This time it should not take as long because it is not as intricate as the girls bed was. The girls had a birthday party and then I came home and had a nap while Ben caught up on episodes of CSI. When I awoke I went downstairs to find a stack of dishes on the sink, laundry on the table and Ben in front of the TV. I was just about to say something rude and sarcastic about the condition of the house when there was a knock at the door. I go to answer it and there is a women holding a huge bouquet of flowers. Good thing she came when she did because had I yelled at my husband and then heard a knock at the door I would have felt like a fool. They were from Ben to the best wife in the whole world. So Sunday we decided we were going to skip church because the sun was finally out, and we were definatly going through
withdrawals. So we decided we would take the kids to the waterslides, since our annual passes are going to expire soon. We get the kids all excided and load them in the car for the 30 minute trip to the slide! We turn the corner to the empty parking lot and discover the park has been closed for two weeks due to maintenance. So we proceed to option number two, and go to the Ko Oloina Lagoons. They were all filled up and not letting any more people in so we got our second dose of rejection for the day. God was probably pointing and laughing at us saying "That's what you get for skipping church!" Ben decided that he should probably just go home and study for his huge test he is taking to make his next rank. This did not go over well with me since I had barely seen him all weekend do to his work schedule. So he stayed home with Corben, put him down for a nap, and I took the girls and pouted all the way to the pool. We hung out at the pool for a couple hours and decided to hit the beach instead. At the beach we rented a kayak and the girls and I paddled around the great blue sea for an hour, basking in that almost forgotten sun. We got back to our spot on the beach when Ben called me and told me to come home and get ready
because the babysitter was coming and we were going out! We had a great dinner and saw a good movie! He was just sucking up for not spending time with me, but that's ok because it worked! Then we came home and watched another movie before we went to bed. All in all a wonderful weekend! Notice it did not involve any football watching!!! Yippee!

Once again it is time for Alyssa's movie reviews of the week:

Mulan 2- not as good as the first but the kids enjoyed it and it was entertaining.

Shall We Dance- I was not expecting much, but it exceeded those expectations. I am also
bias against Jennifer Lopez because I have a grudge against her ever since she dated my fantasy husband Ben Affleck. It was a cute romantic comedy, defianatly a chick flick.

Ray- A movie of Ray Charles life. Jamie Fox did a great job in her role as Ray and it was a good but tragic storey. Long but a good watch. It is shameful how that horrible poisonous drug heroin can mess up a life.

In Good Company- This is the movie we saw in the theater on our date night. It was very good. Two thumbs up! Just a cute feel good movie. I left feeling all warm and fuzzy inside!

That's it for this week! I will say that there was a serious movie void over the past few months where there were no good movies being released in the theaters, and those movies are now getting released on video so there is going to be a movie watching lull. The good news is there are some great movies coming out in theater right now so we have something to look forward to!

7 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

Might I point out, you are somewhat of a movie-addict. Ron and I see two movies in a short amount of time and I start to feel so blah. Don't you get that way sometimes? I just find watching too many movies isn't good for me.

About your kayaking, have you seen any sharks or whales, or anything in the water? Were you ever scared of the water and what has helped you with those fears?

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

Alyssa, Flowers, how awesome! Lucky girl also to have your husband call up a babysitter and plan a date night. I'm trying to plan my own Valentine's night. I'm having trouble finding a sitter. Know anyone? :-)

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Man - maybe I should "hold out" from Jeff and maybe I can get some flowers! I think I am being too nice!! :)

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Lynne

What can I say we love watching movies, we do not watch allot of TV though. I don't think it makes us feel blah, especially last night, it was a very refreshing look at marriage and we had a great heart felt conversation on the way home. About water....I have never had a fear. I just don't think what might be in there, and I have never seen anything in the water, other then when we are snorkelling and that is amazing. I have always felt really at peace when I am on in or near water. I don't really have to many fears.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Kayaking in the ocean. You might as well buy a ticket for death. Are you kidding me? If I think what the term "hold out from Jeff" means is what I think it means...I probably should buy a few flowers!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

Nude furniture store? I'm sure that was a fun and revealing experience! HA! How can you not watch the Super Bowl?! That is simply unAmerican! Even Paul McCartney watches the Super Bowl!! As for movies...I saw Boogeyman Friday night. It was just an ok scary movie. As for kayaking in the ocean - good lord, my stomached dropped in fear reading that! You could tip over...or even worse, a shark could knock you over! I don't even like swimming in the lake because I know there are snakes in there, but I can't see them. Jeff, maybe you should plant a rose bush in your backyard, then you can give Kelly a flower every single day! Or at least every 72 hours!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You got flowers, and a date, how sweet.

Our shop was in the film, Shall we Dance. And the staircase to the dance class was in our building; the staircase my dear hubby takes everyday. You would think they would find I bigger town to film the movie. Jennifer needs alot of space for that butt!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home