Wednesday, February 16, 2005



If Only.....

If only I could have the body that I used to own. The one that did not have stretch marks. The one that let me eat two Big Macs and only grow up instead of out. What happened to the face that I used to have that could smile without laugh lines, and frown without creases? What happened to the butt that was cute and perky but is now just huge and mushy? If only I could go back I would have enjoyed it more while it lasted. I went from a 34 B to a 34 long. Do you think it is possible that my belly button has just shifted upwards. Did I accidentally walk into a house of nails instead of a house of mirrors because parts of my body are starting to look deflated? Some people call them chin hairs but I prefer the term stray eyebrow hairs. Is it normal for one to need to put band-aides on their inner thigh after a good run because they have rubbed each other raw? Are love handles really for loving? I know we are supposed to grow old gracefully, but I think I am going to need allot of grace to grow old. At least I can look forward to random break outs to keep me looking youthful!

7 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are more beautiful than ever - inside and out!
Ben

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You are totally gorgeous, and the good news is that it doesn't go down hill from there. I like the way I look way more now than I did at thirty. I wouldn't even put a picture of those years on my filmstrip. Look at the girls on friends, they are way better looking than they were ten years ago. So if my calculations are correct, you are going to be a knockout in ten years!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Catherine West said...

It's all our own perspective. I do know that once you enter your late thirties, it becomes much easier to put fat on and keep it on - and harder to work it off.
But if you start now with a good habit of diet and daily exercise, and not let yourself become a lazy slob like me, then you shouldn't have any worries.
The wrinkles I can't give any advice on - I don't think there is anything we can do - just enjoy them! It means you are laughing a lot I guess!!
Stay out of the sun....uhhuh.
Oh well. Don't worry, it's life, live it to the fullest.
Cath

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

I heard once - "Its great to grow old and wise - because you will need your wisdom to grow old."

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

I know what you mean but I agree with Darlene - I like myself now better than I did 10 years ago - I just wish I had that body!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Glad to see your blogging at your own pace. It's good to take the blog by the horns and control it instead of having it control you.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

HELLLLLOOOO......alomst been a week!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home