Thursday, March 24, 2005



Does this blog site still work.

It has been so long since I have blogged, I am not sure I remember how. Where do I start........Well I can officially say that for the time being I am tired of having company. I am hostested out! We have two months until our next wave of company starts coming and I am going to enjoy trying to get into a routine with my family. I love company but each time someone comes to visit we end up going on vacation with them. We spend money like we are on vacation, we eat like we are on vacation, we have seen so many luau shows that I could probably be in one, and so on and so forth. My get company, we go broke, I gain five pounds, they leave, I cry, I starve for a few weeks, I loose five pounds, I shop to fill the void of not having my friends here, we go more broke. It is a viscous cycle I tell you.

I am nearing the end of Addison's first officially spring break. We have been scoping the beach for boys and slamming beers like there's no tomorrow. Oh wait never mind that was my spring break ( go Panama City Beach!) Actually I am quite disappointed in myself. I planned to stay up late and hang out with my girls, and then sleep in as long as I want in the morning. Well for some reason this plan is failing miserably! I have been staying up late but then I go to bed and at 7am BING, my eyes pop pen and I cannot fall back asleep. I long to sleep in but my body is not letting me. What kind of crap is this? I am not at all impressed.

Today I have my first official family photo shoot! I hope it goes well and I get lots of great pics. More then that I hope they are more than happy with them. I will let you know how it goes!

I started the South Beach diet this week and I have lost 8 pounds so far! Notice I always post when I lose weight but never when I gain it. By reading all my posts you would think I was down to 80 pounds by now. That could not be further from the truth. The truth is I have been going up and down for the past year, but recently let myself go a little too far up. I hate when I let myself do that. I am very motivated right now to get back down, and then lose an additional 5 pounds so that when I fluctuate I will fluctuate to my goal weight. That means I have 9 more pounds to go. It might be a little unrealistic though because I cannot even remember a time I have been in the 120's. Just let me dream!

So I got this wild hair in my butt and decided to paint my living room (again). The color is called pumpkin bread, and it was a little more bold then I would normally go. At first I didn't think I liked it, but it is starting to grow on me, and the shock has worn off some. I think I am even starting to like it. For one whole week I started changing little things around the house. Rearranging stuff on the wall, adding a few accents here and there, countless trips to Ross (my favorite place for houseware), and now it feels like I have a whole new house. I re-did the girls bedding and curtains, revamped the kitchen a bit, colored the living room,ect. I think I must be nesting or something. Unfortunately when Ben was doing the bills the statement "Do you realize that you have spent $400 at Ross in the last week?" comes out of his mouth. OOOPS! It just kind of sort of adds up when you are not expecting it. "But the house looks good doesn't it honey?" Gulp....gulp....bat eyelashes!

Tomorrow night we are going to set a tent up in the back yard and camp out with our neighbors. They have two girls that are my two girls age so we are going to have a girls only sleep over! I like camping, but it will be nice having all the conveniences of home. We can have a warm shower in the morning, go to the bathroom in toilets that flush, and even run power out to the tent and watch a movie! I am sure it will not be a good nights sleep, but the girls will have fun I am sure.

Well I guess that catches you up on what has been going on in the Turner household lately. Now that life is going to get back to normal I should be able to blog more often, no promises though. It is at the bottom of my priority list these days. After all tiss the season for shopping! Just kidding Ben! No really dear, I hardly like shopping at all. I mean I hardly ever even think about it. Shuffle feet, bat eyelashes!

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Sounds like spring break went well. I really had no clue people drank beer and chased the opposite sex on spring break. I always just relaxed at the beach and went to bed at 9pm - honestly kelly! Anywho its good to have you back to blogging! Someday your kids will realize that they lived in Hawaii and spring break will be anti climatic!

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll have to let me in on how you get the girls to sleep past 7am...Ireally liked the pictures of your living room and kitchen isnt color great.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home