Monday, September 12, 2005



Long time no blog!

Well I guess it is about time I update my blog. We have been so crazy busy around here I am not sure which end is up. The newness of my oh so great routine is wearing off quickly, and the thought of walking every morning is a dreaded event. So I have just decided to go to the beach more instead because tanned fat looks better. School is still going great though and I am very glad we decided to homeschool. It seems to be suiting us just right.

Rufus's newness is beginning to wear off too and it is a good thing he is cute because this potty training thing definitely isn't. He is making strides but not fast enough for this little poop scooping mama. The vet gave me some tips but it sounds like allot of hard work and dedication, and well that is just not really my thing. I will just pray for a miracle!

So we have started packing up boxes. We move in on October 12th, so I figure if I pack a few boxes a day by the 12th everything will be done and it won't feel so overwhelming. I have three pieces of furniture I have to paint before we move as well. It is really hard for me to concentrate when my house is in shambles, but I am trying to concentrate on the big picture.

So remember awhile back when I wrote about my dream couches? Well my dream couches became my dreaded couches. I loved the look of them but they were wearing very quickly. The first time I called the furniture store and after many complaints and games of phone tag they replaced all the cushions, saying it was some freak thing and should not happen again. Well guess what...It did. We had the new cushions for two months and they were beginning to wear like the old ones. So I whined like the little princess that I am, got my husband to get on the horn again, and they took the couches back with a full refund. So we got to go couch shopping again! We ended up picking a gorgeous set of leather couches. I am usually not one for leather b/c I think it looks to office-ee, but the ones I picked are pretty formal. Besides I am going for durability this time, and leather just looks better over time. So it turns out they had the couch in stock but they had to special order the love seat(6-8 weeks). So we got the couch delivered on Saturday and they unwrapped it in all it's glory to discover there was a big gash going along the bottom rail in the wood. So now I have to special order an new couch as well. They are letting us keep the other one until they get in and then they will do the switch-a-roo. So that kind of works out good because the new ones will be delivered to the new house and we will have one less thing to move. Also we kind of get to test drive the new couch without having to worry about messing it up.

Ben found out this week where he will be deploying for 4 months, and I probably should not announce it on blog but it is not Iraq (sp?) so that is a blessing. However by the time I am left with four kids on my own for 4 months my house might look like somewhat of a war zone itself. I took the kids (3 as of now) to the grocery store and to run errands the other day when Ben was at work and it was exhausting. It was hot, they were done, we had a few minor injuries, and I was ready to pull my hair out. It made me fear and dread the upcoming months that I will be having those days every day, only with a new infant on top of it all. Yikes. I have also come to the conclusion that I will no longer have any friends. Well I will have friends I just won't be spending any time with them. It will go something like this. "hey I should call Alyssa and invite her out to lunch, oh but wait she has four kids that come along with that package, ah forget it I will just call Sally instead, she only has one." I have to say however that my kids are pretty easy and more behaved then allot of people's one, but I am afraid the quantity will turn people off. I already get weird looks when I go out and people see my protruding belly and my three little ducklings trailing behind. It makes me feel like I have to act extra composed, like three kids at the grocery store is a breeze, so people don't think I am absolutely crazy. Really I feel more sorry for them then they do for me because they don't get to experience the joy those three sets of blue eyes bring into my life. Yes sometimes it is hectic and I want to pull my hair out, but when I tuck them all in bed everynight and they say "mommy I love you" it is so worth it. So even though I am truly scared about the upcoming months I know that we will get through and maybe even prevail with some tid bit of sanity intact. Do keep us in your prayers because they will most certainly be needed. If you are unsure what to pray you can say something like this...."Please turn Alyssa into super mom with the power to make breakfast and clean a toilet bowl at the same time. To teach school, while changing a poopie diaper in the blink of an eye. The power to turn the scent of that poopie diaper into a flower garden. To think that her kids are still cute when they are all screaming at the same time. And most of all to not call her husbands name in vain when he is watching movies and taking afternoon naps! AMEN!

Well I think that is the latest and greatest at the Turner household. I bid you farewell!

14 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

is the picture of the couch coming up on the blog?

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

The picture of the couch is coming up and it is very nice. Good to hear that Ben will not be going to Iraq and I'm sure that you will be the best mom while he's away. At least he will be around for the move and the baby!!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Love the new couch!

You will be great - you are so laid back - God knows you can handle it - give yourself some credit!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

That's a lot of changes in one year. I see the couch, and the wood in front reminds me of ours, which had marks when they delivered it. Nothing is ever easy is it?

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I am so glad to know someone else has the same feelings about four kids that I do. I told Kirk people look at me like I am crazy all the time and he thinks I just imagine it. I will not have a deployed husband but he is gone an awful lot so we can share each others pain. I also feel like we will never have friends because of the size of our family. Maybe you can find a greta babysitter to give you lunch out once a week or something. A babysitter sounds great to me but we haven't found one yet. As you muddle through each day remember there is another mom out there going through the same things as you. (and you and your kids are much more mellow than we are!!!)

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw sweetie, my heart goes out to you. If anybody can do this, you can. Your kiddos are so lucky to have a Mom that cares so much about THEM and their little hearts. I was wondering how you were feeling about all this, if I didn't pose that question in my email I was thinking it.

I WILL be praying for you. And I'll pray for friends that will not only hang out with you but actually be there supporting you and go through it with you as well. God knows they're out there. Heck half of us would be there in an instant given the moolah and the nanny for the stuff still to do at home.

The picture of the couch is coming up, it's gorgeous, I just hope it wears better than the last! Two months!! It's got to last at least a year - ha :) !

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Doesnt leather make you sweat when you sit in it? Or is that just me...good grief I hope its not just me! Your kids are awesome when you go out! Camryn just needs me there to share my garlic fries with her!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

Jennifer, what is your blog address?

Alyssa, I laughed hard when you said, "fat looks good tanned". You bet. But I don't think you need to worry about that, do you?

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

Man, I LOVE your couch!! It looks so elegant! I am super jealous! I wish I had a house of my own so that everything matched and coordinated! Can't wait to see pics of yall's new house with everything in it and decorated cute!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

Sorry to hear about your hubby being deployed at the point in time. I will be praying for him AND you and the kids. I know you can do it. You are super mom already for just having three kids with another on the way! Kudos to you!!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Sounds like you're in for a wild ride. I'm sure you'll do well.

BTW, your Supermom picture is backwards. (You can tell by the "S")

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Catherine West said...

Cool couch - cool move day - my birthday - and about the dog, haven't you heard of crate training?? do it, look it up on the net, you will have a housebroken puppy in no time.
TTYL
Cath

 
At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really know you, but was just looking around. I will pray for you as you care for your children on your own... My husband is in the Canadian Air Force and since June I have sene him a total of 29 days! It looks like you have been blessed with a wonderful family... may you have many more blessings! -- And may you be the SuperMom you long to be :)

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The couch is gorgeous!!

So Alyssa, doesn't the military move you guys? So do you have to pack? I wasn't sure...

Good luck managing all this on your own, that's SO Incredibly overwhelming. Makes me tired. If you were moving to Florida, I would totally ask you to lunch, kiddos and all. Our babies could cry together, lol. :)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home