Friday, August 26, 2005



Do Blonds Have More Fun??

Well I have decided to test that age long question myself. I have been a blond my whole life, but my hair seems to be getting darker over the years. Now that I am pregnant my hair is growing like a weed. Every time I laid down $165 for cut and highlight my hair would look great for the first week, but by week two I already had roots appearing. By the end of the month I had a good inch of regrowth and was spending a fortune keeping up with it. So I thought what the heck....and became a brunette. So far I love it and I think it will be allot easier to maintain. Sometimes I look in the mirror and feel like I am wearing a wig, but I know I will get used to it in no time.

I love going to the beauty salon and getting pampered. Yesterday, I got an even bigger surprise when I got more free time and pampering last night. I got home form my appointment and was fully intending to see my husband off to work shortly there after. He told me I better get ready because he has taken the night off and arranged for my friend and I to go to dinner and take in a movie. We had dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen, where I stuffed my face with bread and butter while my friend drooled. She is on the South Beach diet and is not aloud bread. Yes I did feel guilty eating it in front of her, but no it did not stop me from going for a second slice. Then we went and saw "Must Love Dogs." I thought it was a great movie and highly recommend seeing it. When the movie let out we had 15 minutes before Pier 1 closed so we rushed over there for some last minute shopping. I am sure the sales people loved us as we browse around right at closing time. Then after Pier 1 closed at 9 we hit Ross because it did not close until 9:30. I got a rolling pin! I will probably never use it, but now I can at least say I own one, and maybe borrow it to a needy neighbor.
Today I had a Dr.s appointment and met with a new DR. I like her allot better then my last one because she agreed to induce me at 38 weeks. I always dilate way early and was worried because if my water breaks at home I have about ten minutes before the baby is coming out, and we live a good 45 minutes from the hospital. Also there is a high potential that Ben will not be here for the birth and I might be driving myself to the hospital. Hopefully he will get out of this training session he has in Japan, but you can never count on anything in the military.
Anyway I should get back to work.

15 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I love it. I was blonde when I was younger and then when I started having babies my hair got much darker. I have at least 2 inches of roots at the moment. I am going to hold out til after the baby is born and then do something with it. I think the brunette brings your eyes out!!

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous either way. I have gone back to my normal brunette for the last year or two for the same reason - too expensive to keep up the highlights.

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brunette sure agrees with you, I went to the hairdresser for some blond highlights last week and came out brunette with a couple of blonde highlights {I went back to get more blonde } it sure takes some time to get used too, I forget about it until I catch my reflection in the mirror. At least we wont have to worry about our roots anymore.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger L said...

I love your blog. You have such a beautiful family. I may end up a brunette someday as well. My roots seem to be getting darker and darker. I always said I would never highlight, but this past year I've succumbed to the pressure of doing what it takes to stay blonde. Fortunately my cousin is in hair school and does a great job. She can give me highlights for a mere $65. You look great as a brunette, though; it makes me less afraid to go dark someday.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyssa,
Of course blondes have more fun!!! You still look good as a brunette though. I had a blast Thursday night!
Vanessa

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Oh my gosh - I love your hair! It looks great and I agree with Jennifer - it brings out your eyes. I have always loved dark hair with blue eyes.

Your husband is the greatest! How sweet of him to do that for you! I love him!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

I forgot - I'm glad your new doctor agreed to induce - now you can relax and hope your water doesn't break more than 2 weeks early!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Ben is flat out killing me! Who does that as a hubby - honestly. I count it a good day when I remember to call my wife during the day.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

OK, I'm still picking up my jaw at the idea of spending $165 on a haircut...well you girls call it something fancy, but that's all it is! A haircut! :) You look good though!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You look FABULOUS!! I have heard over and over that Brunette is the ne blonde, and you can TOTALLY pull it off! Beautiful!

I am really worried something will happen with my hubby when I'm due and he won't be able to make the delivery.The military is just NOT negotiable, you know? Boo!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

Your hair looks great!! I too have had to go darker because it is just too expensive to keep the roots. Although my problem is that I have too much white and grey in my hair and I have to keep it covered up!! Your tan and blue eyes look great with your new do and your husband is the best for treating you so well!!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

You look like Nikki Hilton - before she went back to blonde!

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your hair! It's gorgeous! I can't believe you are a brunette now! WOW!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

You look JUST like Nikki Hilton!! (Much cuter of course!) I thought i left a comment on this post before i left on vaca, but guess I didn't. Anyways, that was what I was going to say. hehe

I think it looks FABULOUS and I hear ya on the $$$. I was thinking about coloring my hair for the first time in my life (doing some honey and strawberry blond low lights since I am SO blonde) but then I would have to keep it up so I axed that idea.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I missed this post which was nice because I had something to read today when I popped in! I hope you see my comment way down here. I love the hair, it's obvious from the photos that it brings out a richness in you, in fact you look like you're loaded (loaded rich, not loaded drunk). Well maybe you are after a day of pampering, then two whole slices of bread and a movie! ching ching

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home