Wednesday, August 17, 2005



Tragedy!

I woke up this morning and experienced a horrible and devastating tragedy. In fact I hope you are all sitting for this because I am going to need your prayer and support as I grieve this situation. It appears the over night my pants have shrunk! I was watching the news last night and there is a strange phenomenon spreading across America. The caption read..."Beware, over consumption of Big Mac's have been releasing a chemical into the air the has been shrinking pants all across the USA." I quickly prayed for all our suffering Americans but never thought it would happen to me. Well The pants have taken me victim and they are continuing to snug tighter as I struggle to breath. Take cover now before this disease spreads to your area. It tends to focus on the behind and then work its way down your thigh. It has almost reached my ankle so I am afraid there is no cure for me now, but please use this storey to help others before the become victim. Perhaps hiding the pants in a sealed box may help. I have heard of people avoiding the spread by placing their pants at the gym. As for me, you can just continue to pray, and hopefully be able to love me anyway.

little side note: Addison recently received some belated birthday money from Grandpa and was anxious to make sure it did not last long. So last night she went on a spending frenzy and made sure she used every last penny. In fact she even went over and needed a little loan from mommy dearest. After much shuffling back and forth and her perfect gift she decided on a game boy advance. She got a blue one with a case and three new games. We also got the best game ever, Super Mario Party 6 for the game cube, which she has been wanting for a long time, (and so have I). It is a great game for the whole family to sit down and compete...I mean play. So anyway by the time we got home it was well past 9pm and of course all the kids wanted to dig into their new toys. So Addison got busy with her game boy, Camryn played a new game on Game Cube, and Corben grabbed a controller so thought he was playing as well. So this is where all the problems started and I am hoping someone has some advice for this. I am finding with all the games there is allot of reading that goes with it. Most of the reading is over my kids head so they are constantly asking me "what does this say?" "what do I do now?" "Can you get me past this level?" All the kids were asking me at the same time and I was ready to go biserk!!! I thought these games were supposed to keep the kids entertained, but all they were doing was driving me crazy. It does not help that I am video game illiterate and my talent does not go beyond the original games of Super Mario Brother, and Frogger on Atari. Help!!!

8 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

pull up a chair you have come to the right place for advice. Keep Corben in the dark and encourage the unhooked controller thing as long as you can. Poor evan was four before he found out he wasnt moving Mario. You have to go thru the instruction phase once with them but they will ignore the words if they have been to the board before. Make sure their paying attention the first time you read whats being said and it will go a lot better.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

The epedemic must have moved to Taco Bell as well because I have NEVER had a Big Mac but my pants are shrinking as well.

Man, how much birthday $$ did Addison get!!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

If you believe hard enough, the pants will one day fit again.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

Well none of my pants fit anymore so I wear my pants with the button and half the fly undone at work which is really uncomfortable. So at least you are at home with pants that don't fit. :) I bought my first pair of maternity jeans last night and they are so comfortable. Thank goodness for stretchy cotton. Good luck with the kids and I will make sure to stay clear of Mickey D's.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My jeans tend to get very angry with me for eating taco bell and coldstone. They retaliate by pinching all my fat areas. Boo!

I feel sooooo bloated at 5 weeks! Am I crazy?

I say look up cheating tricks on the internet. I either do that or ask my super genius brother!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

I've had the pants tightening disease for some time now...but I've recently discovered that the collar disease is starting to set in. My shirt collars are shrinking!!

 
At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my 2.5 yr old does the unhooked controller thing, she doesn't know any better, but my boys know way more than I do, I don't go near the games, they seem to figure it out, given enough time to play!! I read on GFF's site that you went to Bucca's and Cold Stone!! my 2 favorite places!! this was my first visit, but it was fun reading about you and I'll be back!!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

The shrinking pants tragedy is happening here too!! I am sitting back and watching until after my vacation and then I am going to fight back with some yoga.

I have a game cube myself and I LOVE LOVE LOVE nintendo! I SO wished I lived near you so i could play nintendo with your kids all day!! The next game on my list is Mario Party 6! I love all the mario-type games that are super cute and fun. I don't have much advice for helping them with the reading part because most games now seem so indepth that they all have lots of reading involved.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home