Wednesday, July 20, 2005



Tag....I'm it!

I got tagged by one of my new favorite blogs to read to follow suit in a run down memory lane followed by a few top 5's. So I am going to do my blogging duty and follow suit. I would put a link to her blog but am computerly challenged so if you see a comment under the name "elle" ( now you have to comment! You can link to her from that. Anyhow now that we got that out of the way I will carry on. Oh but first I need to blog about our girl night last night. Oh it was wild. It had all the girl night must haves. Addison even said it was the best girl night ever. Since she is 6 I guess it is not saying much. Last night since my husband was working and Corben had not had a nap all day we decided we would put him to bed early, put on some tunes and have a girl night with myself and my two daughters age 6 and 4. It involved pizza, nail polish, cookies, and a chick flick. I gave the girls a full pedicure with foot soak, massage, and nail paint included. I even painted a little daisy on each big toe. Now this is huge for me because as a rule I HATE feet. Well except for my feet because they are cute, and their feet because they are little versions of my feet. However my husbands feet cannot come near me with a ten foot pole. Nor can anyone else's.
So once everyone had pretty toes, minus one little mishap. (Cam spilt red nail polish all over the living room carpet and my favorite maternity pants) Normally this would freak me out but we are moving in a month and they are replacing the carpets anyway, and I jumped right on line and ordered new pants. That kind of sucks that I had to buy the same pants twice but I found a cute top to buy too, so it was kind of a win win right? So back to the storey. You can tell I have not had my morning cup of chi tea b/c I am rambling and getting side tracked. We then made some oatmeal raisin cookies, Slice and bake of course. Not much home made cooking comes out of my kitchen unfortunately. Actually they were not even slice and bake, they were the kind that are already formed into little cookies. All you have to do is space them out on a pan. Even that can be challenging for the cooking impaired. They turned out just fine and we enjoyed them over the movie 13 going on 30. I had seen it before but the girls enjoyed it. I did have to carry Camryn to bed at the end of the movie. I guess that was just too much fun for one night. Next subject!

10 years ago today- since I cannot remember I will do ten years ago from my bday which was a week ago, but I do not remember what I did on my 20th bday I will do my 22nd birthday. So 8 years ago from last week (are we confused yet?) My first bday celebrated with my boyfriend (now husband) we went sky diving followed by a huge surprise keg party.

5 years ago- goodness I have a bad memory. I was pregnant with my second child and getting ready to move to Texas.

1 year ago- My brother and his girlfriend were out visiting and we went and got manicures and pedicures followed by a night out on the town. We were home by 10:30. Party animals! Actually we went to Tiki's for some drinks, and they served a drink in a coconut and you got to keep the cup for $14. I thought that would look cute in our little bar since we live in Hawaii so we had to drink at least 4 so I could have a set. We were so full from drinking all those lava flows that we just wanted to go home and bloat. My skinny jeans were not feeling so skinny anymore. Turns out they sell the coconut cups at the dollar store so I could of gotten them there for $4 minus a stomach ache. Who knew? I guess that is what I get for not shopping at the dollar store!

yesterday- I spent the day at the beach with my friend Heather and the kiddies. It was gorgeous as usual!

Tomorrow- My husband took the day off so I am sure we will head back to the beach for the day. Oh life is rough!

5 snacks I enjoy- salt and vinegar chips, ketchup chips (I have to get shipped in from Canada, and they have to be Old Dutch), French Fries, buffalo wings, and chocolate, which is kind of a new obsession of mine.

5 adult beverages I enjoy- margaritas, chocolate martinis (which I just discovered last year!), an ice cold beer on a hot day (well maybe more then 1), Lava Flow (to die for!), and Gin and Tonic with a lime.

5 bands I know the lyrics to- hmm...I am not a huge music person, how about bands I think I know the lyrics to but mess most of them up- The Doors, Almost any song from the 80's (including big hair bands), most praise and worship songs, Tragically Hip, and REM.

5 things I would do with $100 000 000- Buy an awesome house on the ocean, buy myself a cute little convertible, take my best friends on a New York Shopping weekend and stay at The Plaza pent house, put money away for my kids collage, go on the best deluxe vacation ever!

5 locations I would like to run away to- Europe, Fiji, Australia, Hawaii ( I live here but I would be happy to stay put), and my mind just went blank.

5 bad habits I have- picking at my lips when they are dry, spelling, putting away laundry, my husband thinks my shopping is a bad habit ( but that's the price you pay to marry a princess!), cursing when I get mad.

5 things I love doing- SHOPPING, getting pedicures, decorating the house, going to the beach, date nights with my husband.

5 things I would never wear- stirrup pants, a cheesy Christmas sweater, leg warmers, a vest, high top running shoes.

5 tv shows I like- Desperate Housewives, Friends, O.C., Gilmore Girls, and Trading Spaces.

5 movies I like- When Harry Met Sally, The Notebook, Meet The Parents, 50 First Dates, Finding Nemo.

5 famous people I would love to meet- Ben Affleck, Sarah Jessica Parker, Drew Barrymore, Beth Moore, Jessica Simpson

5 biggest joys at the moment- my husband, my kids, feeling the baby move inside me, our new house, going to the beach

5 favorite toys- I don't really have any "toys" because my kids have too many, but my clothes, shoes, and accessories, I would love to have a boat!

5 people to tag- Kelly, Jeff, Darlene, Vanessa (this would be a good time for you to start a blog) if not you have to answer in person, Amy (since you have not blogged in a year!

11 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I was actually ruthlessly picking my dry lips while I read your post until I got to your "bad habits" part. Yikes!

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for you to win the lottery now since I know about our "New York shopping weekend at the plaza"!

I have been giving the blog some thought...

Vanessa

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

What a FUN girls night! That is totally my kind of evening! :-) I just LOVE 13 Going on 30. I just recently saw it and it is too cute. You had me cracking up with hopping online to buy more pants and finding cute tops while there! hehe You also had me laughing by getting side tracked. We ARE so alike! :-)

Oh, and I changed the name on my profile back to Allison, which is my real name. I think it was getting confusing with Blogger comments being Elle and Haloscan comments being Allison. :-)

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth Moore????who is that?? You only picked one famous male to meet how can that be? I wish I could get Zoey to watch chick flicks with me but if its not animated or Veggie tales she does not want to watch it.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

vanessa- with my good luck streak I have been on....New York here we come!

Allison- it was a great girls night only at your house the cookies would have been homemade

Aleecia- we bought a new house in Hawaii

Linda- Beth Moore is a famous Christain speaker. She is very motivating. I have done allot of her studies. While I was writing that I was holding down the desire to vomit and since a guy put me in the position I am in (the one hunched over the toilet) they are the last thing on my mind these days. In case you are wondering the vomit won!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

r the coconut cups the kind the hula girls wear? haha

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

I thought you didn't like "American chocolate" - got you hooked huh?!?!?

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Jeff- no they are not the ones that go on the breast but I should invest in a pair of those...it would be cheaper then a boob job!

Kelly- I was talking about Canadian chocolate. I have always likeed it but lately I crave it. Funny thing is right after you left I found two of those chocolate bars I was telling you about in my cupbord. They of course are gone now. However I am also hooked on those Hawaiian chocolates you took home with you.

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just courious Whats the difference between Canadian and American chocolate??

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

well Linda you cannot get Aero bars in america, which are my absolute favorite. Also crunch, coffee crisp, and oh henry. Candian's just have a better selection and better flavored chocolate bars. Alos you cannot get Kinder surprises here. Tjose are the best!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You have Hawaii, but I have Old Dutch Ketchup chips! Mmmmm.....

I hope you don't mind if I escape the tag. We are on holidays and blogging has been hard to squeeze in. It's 2 am right now. zzzzzz

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home