Friday, May 27, 2005



Trying to win the LOTTERY!

Well we are looking at buying a house here, and I am wondering what ever happened to the good ol'days when you looked for a house you liked and you bought it. Here in Hawaii there are so many more people then there is houses available, so you actually have to enter your name in and win a lottery just to be able to have the privilage of buying a house. They are starting another new development and they are building 17 houses at a time. So after walking through the model homes you get all the paper work and check the web site for the next available lottery. When the lottery comes up (about every 6 weeks) you have one week to get the paper work filled out and turned in. Basically an affidavit saying you will buy the house if you win the lottery and a pre-approved mortgage. So once that is in, your name goes in a draw with 250-300 other people who are going up for the 17 houses available. The catch is that every time there is another lottery the price of the house goes up $10-20 000. So you cannot exactly afford to keep entering the lottery too many times. Then you also have the frustration of knowing the people who won the first lottery paid $60 000 less then you did for the same house you got a few months later. So anyway our name is in the lottery and the draw is next Sunday June 6th. So please pray and cross your fingers and do a dance on the roof top or what ever you think might help us win!

Now here is the good newsThe houses are starting out at $350 000, which you would probably picture a 5 bedroom mansion with a pool and hot tub overlooking the ocean, but try 3 bedroom, 1200 square feet over looking your neighbour that lives two feet away. However the market is only going up because the over demand for housing. Our neighbors won the last lottery and they got in for $335 000, and 3 weeks later their house is selling for $355 000. That is a pretty good turn over. People who bought last year are selling their houses for over $100 000 then they bought it for. So if things go our way we could stand to leave here dept free with $100 000 in our pockets. Not to mention the equity we make off what the airforce puts in because they pay most of our mortgage payment if we live off base. The fact that we even got approved for a mortgage that high is amazing in itself, so I really hope we can win this lottery next weekend. I will keep you all posted!

12 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Good night! Our house was $75,000 - I about choked when you said $350,000 - do you know what kind of house that would buy in good old WF?????

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

Wow. Not that it's anyone's business, but since you brought it up...I assume you will be doing some sort of ARM. A fixed 30yr mortgage at 8% would be $2568/month for just pri/int. I would hate to know what the property tax rates are...let's say a conservative 4%...that means you'll add another $1167/month just for taxes. Plus you said homeowners' association dues are $200/month. If you structure the deal this way, that will cost you at least $3,935/month. I didn't even factor in PPI since I assume you won't be putting 20% down ($70,000). So you'll spend AT LEAST $47,000 per year paying for the house. WOW! Please tell me you're getting an ARM!! Especially since you will sell it in a matter of years, and property values will appreciate, so it won't matter that you don't pay down the principal. Good luck!

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Ben. Actually, our rate is 5.3% on a 30 yr fixed VA loan. The property tax in Hawaii is REALLY low at .376% (117/month). All in all the mortgage, all associated fees, and utilities will be 2800/month. This is per the two mortgage lenders to whom we spoke.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Joey said...

Congratulations, you guys. We live in Sunny California, and are looking to buy our first home as well. Let me just say that compared to here, you guys are getting a DEAL! A 3 or 4 bedroom home in the city of Irvine, CA would easily run us close to $800,000.! And did I mention we AREN'T celebs? Yup, just work class folks who want a place to hang our hat at the end of the day. Ok, sorry for going on and on. Congratulations on this wonderful and exciting step in your lives. I wish you the very best with your lottery and upcoming new home. I hope you are feeling well, Alyssa. Congrats again on the newest little one.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Wow, that sounds so complicated and especially frustrating for first time buyers who don't experience the joy of making a profit on their current location.

Best of luck in the lottery.

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think we will be moving to Hawaii - even if we could afford it!!!! - sounds so complicated.

We moved 4 years ago and I swore it would be the last time!!!!

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

Wow. I didn't realize that it would be so hard to get a house!?
Good luck with that. You're in my thoughts and prayers that it will all work out. It was fun this weekend at Alana's wedding. Your brothers are good guys and it's always great to see them and chat with them. Hope you're feeling better.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Holy cow - well ther goes my dream of buying a second home in Hawaii. Another dream shot to crap! Good luck in the lottery!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

So, how did the lottery go?? Do you have a new home?

 
At 2:40 AM, Anonymous ann said...

I do not know how to thank this man called dr.soula fro the great help he has render to me in making me win the powerball lottery. I told him that i do not want to win big that i just need an amount that will be okay for my family to start and new life and he did his spiritual magic and the my name came out as a winner of $150,000. I am not doubting any thing that has to involve voodoo in my life cause i heard that he has help so many people and now i have seen for myself so you can contact this man today for help drsoula_b@live.com

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am Connor Robert from Scotland I have been playing euro million since i was 15 and i have never won and i decided to stop instead of i wasting my money in buying ticket. One day i saw a friend who told me that there is a spell caster in Africa that can help win this lottery he was so sure of it but what keep him wondering is that he was not sure if he can make me win big. I say let me give a try because i was so curious in becoming a millionaire so that flint round bitches. I decided to give a try and he assure me in 3days i will get result and immediately i went to buy ticket with the number he sent me and i did just that so for sure in 3days time result was out and i was a winner of £2million. I could not rejoice too much cause i was expecting this but was not sure if it really work but now that i have tested it and it work i will forever be grateful to this spell caster and my friend. When i went to show appreciation to him, he told me that he is here to help people who are in needs. The offer to show appreciation to this man is to spread his name across the world so that people will be helped and that is the reason i am online. Do not waste time the email is templeofpermanenthealing@hotmail.com he is the only help you need.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...


have be sick for cancer for the pass 2 years and my Husband left me for another woman because of my illness and i have be seeking for help, i was told to provide £8,500 pounds for the operation and i have be saving to make sure the operation is done but i was only able to save £3500 pounds. when i was searching through the internet, i met with 2 different spell casters who took my £ 2,000 pounds and they never helped me. When i went to see my sister in Auckland, New Zealand, a friend who i met at my sister house directed me to Dr. UKO who has help him cast a spell and i never believe in spell. I contacted the man with the email and requested for a healing and return my Husband back spell and he told me i will be heal in 19 days after the spell have be cast on me so that was how it all started with my wife who left me for another man then after 5 days, i started seeing changes in my body, i was very surprise that on the 14th days my cancer was ill. On the 17th day my Husband was back with more apology and we are presently united. I want every one out there to help me thank Dr. UKO for the life he has restored. Who ever need help should contact him through ukospelltemple@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home