Wednesday, June 15, 2005



Beach or Blog?

Summer vacation is here. School is out! No more dreaded alarm clocks going off in the morning. Well my husbands does but I just mock him for having to wake up, roll over and go back to sleep. The kids have been sleeping in till 9 or 10, then we wake up and head to the beach! Life is good! Aside from the lobster red chest I am sporting right now, but it will turn into tan soon. On top of that I have had two photo shoots this week which have been keeping me busy. Word is spreading like wild fire and I should stay fully booked throughout the summer! As far is blogging is concerned it is somewhere at the very bottom of my priority list right now. I still love reading what everyone else has to say but have not found a couple extra minutes in a day to write my own. In fact I could use a couple extra hours in a day just to get finished the things I have to do ( like go to the beach, and paint my toenails).
Last weekend we had a block party. It was great. We rented an inflatable water slide, cotton candy machine, and carnival games. The kids had a blast! I pretty much stayed in the cotton candy line and left only to get a homemade chocolate chip icecream cone, followed by some sponge cake with fresh berries and loads of whip cream. And I wonder why my back side says "wide load!"
I bought my homeschooling curriculum for next year. It is a private school curriculum and it is all on DVD so I do not actually have to BE the teacher. I will just give her worksheets and tests and stuff. So that should make life much easier. It also keeps you on I time schedule to get through the year so that should keep me disciplined to do school work instead of skipping to the beach.
Other then that pregnancy is going well, other the the whole fat cow thing. I will have my ultrasound in July and find out if we are expecting a girl or a boy. I am going to try to schedule it on my birthday. (July 14th, send presents! I am registered at The Gap!)
Well I cannot think of anything else new to fill you in on. So tune in next month!

7 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

Well it sounds like your life is going really well. What I would give to spend everyday at the beach. When are you due again?

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Well there you go...I'm saying beach every time (over blog). Sounds like the photo business is going well - get to take pics of people in one of the coolest places on the planet to take pics!! Block party sounds like a sugar party! That home school thing is awesome - Mom and Dad should of taken us to Hawaii and homeschooled us!! haha

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

So a DVD will teach school for you? Cool! So you could put the DVD in and then sneak out the backdoor and head for the beach for a couple of hours. Just hide the remote so they don't figure out they can fast forward! Otherwise, they may be a little sketchy on what happens between the Civil War and the Vietnam War! HA!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I am five days late, but better late than never. Glad to hear the pregnancy is going well and that you are going to homeschool, it's so great!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Should I pray for rain so you can return to the blog for a day?

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

Hey, how are you doing today? Let us all know you are doing well and drop a post now and then. I hope that your morning sickness is dwindling off. Take care out there.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

If you start having back pain, sore shoulders, or tummy aches, come by my site, you might just win a prize. Take care.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home