Tuesday, July 26, 2005



Call me Martha Stewart ( minus the whole "I've been to jail" thing!)

Well I finally finished the curtains in my girls room. They turned out so cute! If only they could tell the storey of the blood and sweat that went into them. I had been sewing along for an hour and a half. Had just gotten all the tabs and the hem done on the top piece. I then went to attach it to the bottom piece when "oh my gosh" they were not the same width! Yes I could have measured this before I got started but that would be too smart and convenient. You see I was making the curtains out of two flat sheets and I assumed they would be the same size. However I forgot that one was a twin size and one was a full size. So after all the labor I had to start all over again on the top piece so it would be the right length! URGE! Never the less it finally got done and below you can view the results! That darn Hawaiian sun makes it so bright.....


Next subject.......I got three of my online orders of baby clothes yesterday!
Imagine the look on my husbands face when I carry three big boxes in the door.....PRICELESS! Anyway it was so fun going through all the tiny pretty
clothes. Londyn now has 7 new bathing suits. 5 bikinis and 2 one pieces. She can't be a beach baby without them. Girl baby clothes are so much fun! I also got some new maternity shorts and two shirts. Shopping is great!

Also yesterday Addison ( my 6 year old) auditioned with the children's theater for a part in the play Hansel and Gretel. She got the part of the Wallybird and was very excited. MY LITTLE ACTRESS! There were 83 people from kindergarten to 12th grade and there were about 40 parts so she made quite an accomplishment just getting in. Look at me bragging away. I hope I do not turn into one of those crazy stage moms. I mean of course my kids are the cutest, most well dressed, most well behaved kids around, but that goes without saying. I mean is it my fault I was blessed with such great kids. Of course I have to gush! So way to go Addison! We are so proud of you!

Big news on the book front. My favorite author who wrote the shopaholics series just came out with a new book. It is called The Undomesticated Goddess. I am only 1/4 of the way through but so far it is real cute. She cracks me up!


Well I guess that is all I have to catch you up on today. Martha
Stewart Signing out!



11 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You are more daring then me. I always have my mom or mother in law sew for me. For whatever reason the curtain picture didn't come up. It just has a red x in the corner.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

OK. Ben fixed the picture....sorry!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

I have been wanting to sew curtains for the windows in both my boys rooms but just have not gotten around to that. They like it dark so for now I've got heavy blankets on the windows. Quite pathetic really since I have the sewing machine. It's just that material costs quite a bit. Our windows are a very wide rectangle. Hard to find standard coverings. Good for you!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

You did really good with the curtains!! They look amazing.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

After all that work you are moving in two months. Will they go in the new room?

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

The curtain with the sun coming through looks like the entrance to Hell. I'm kidding! Addison will be an awesome actress - shes perfect. When she tells a story or says anything I swear her face is so expressionful (word?)

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

I am speechless. You have 7 swimsuits for a baby who is still 4 months away from BIRTH!!! Ben, I feel your pain! Way to go on the curtains!! Maybe you could learn how to make your own CLOTHES now!! :) I bet you could get free material from the Salvation Army and make a new outfit everyday!!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Yes of course I made the curtains to fit the new room.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

Oh my goodness, you ARE Martha! They look GREAT! You deserve a huge pat on the back...i mean mani pedi for that! :-) I can't wait to learn to sew!!

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure are multi-talented they look great. I'm in Awe I still cant figure out how you find the time for all your projects ...

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE the shopoholic books! I didn't know she had a new one, I will def. check it out.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home