Wednesday, August 24, 2005



Routine!

I have always been a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl, but now that we have started home schooling I am little miss routine! I feel like I am so organized lately, I guess because I have to be. Every morning we wake up around 8am (yeah I know we are not morning people) Then I get myself and Addison a bowl of cereal which we quickly inhale and pop some waffles for the younger two. I load them up with sippy cups and us up with water bottles and put the younger two in the jogging stroller while I of course push and Addison rides along on her bike. We do a two mile walk. I would like to go a little more but Addison if not going for it. We then come home and get them all in the bath. Once everyone is dressed for the second time we come down stairs and start school. The first class of the day is bible class and it is on DVD, so I take this opportunity to take a shower of my own. Ususally while Corben open and closes the door saying "hi mama!" In his oh so cute little way. By the time I am dressed and ready the girls are ready to start their next class, and Corben likes to think he is at school as well by doing some coloring. While Addison does her next class Cam gets some computer time and I clean the house. We break for lunch, Corben goes down for a nap, and the girls and I continue with school until about 2pm. Corben is still asleep for another good hour or so that gives me time to get dinner started ( well on the days I decide I am actually going to cook dinner) which has actually been allot lately. When the day ends I actually feel like I have gotten allot accomplished, and my house has been cleaner then ever. It has been going really great so far. I never in a million years thought I would say this, but I am actually enjoying it.
Tonight we had friends over for dinner. I made salmon with a sun dried tomato sauce laid over orzo, with asparagus, and a spinach poppy seed salad. I even made home made cherry cheese cake for dessert. Just call me Betty Crocker!
I am getting so excited about moving into the new house. My dad is going to build us a deck when he comes to visit in Febuary, and we have been looking at hot tubs as well. I have all my paint picked out, and cannot wait to start decorating! If time continues to fly by like this summer did we should be in the house in no time.
Rufus is growing like a weed and has doubled in size already. So now he is two apples tall instead of one.
Well I don't think there is too much else going on around here. Hope everyone is doing well! Aloha!

9 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

That's a great routine. Sounds like you have it all worked out. I hope that you guys take the weekend off to sleep in at least. I love sleeping in.

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love routines! Aren't they the best...no surprises! Just don't answer the phone, stop spending money, watch a lil NASCAR and you could enjoy the Jeff Trimble way of life!!

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a great routine! As much as I love spontanaity, you just gotta love the stability of routine... and the productiveness!!!

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

Enjoy the productiveness of the routine while it lasts. Once that baby is born, it will all fall apart. Babies seem to throw a kink into our "ideal" routine.

You must be feeling the nesting desire a few months early.

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Ahh... I wish we were there for salmon dinner - that was SO good!

I'm glad you finally posted - geesh!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Okay - that last comment was from me - not Jeff.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Cristina said...

Alyssa,
I found your link on another blog and stopped by the visit my 'favorite place ever lived'! Actually, I lived on Maui for awhile- Youth With A Mission's Paia base. Except for the whole cockroach and cane spider run-ins... loved it. Beautiful.
I love your writing style- blunt and honest. I found myself drawn in and laughing, even though we've never met!
Mahalo...

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I am so impressed. Usually I am an organization freak. Since we have moved we just hang out and I am so glad that school started again. I can't imagine trying to teach Karissa at home. For one thing she thinks she knows more than I do and for another Cara and Kylie would never go for it. Keep up the good work. I envy your workout time, too. I am just not motivated to do much.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Wow you ARE good. I'm not quite so organized around here. Of course I'm a little bit more fly by the seat of our pants as far as the homeschooling goes. How is the DVD kind of classes working? Are they more like a movie or a class? I just realized I should look up that curriculum online that you're using to see what it's all about.

Dinner sounds wonderful.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home