Friday, September 30, 2005



hello remember me?

I know you guys have been sitting at the edge of your seats waiting for a new post, so since I have a minute (and I mean it, only a minute) I decided I would grace you with my presence! No no come back...I was just kidding. So where do i startw e have been so so busy lately. I have been one huge giant ball of frustrations from sun up to sun down for the past 2 weeks and Ben is waiting, and dodging the day that I am just going to snap. The slightest little thing has been setting me off into a rage. The thing is I got a head start on packing thinking it would make things easier, but instead we are tripping over boxes in every room, and the house is a wreck. When the house is a wreck, I am a wreck, hence the rage! I cannot wait to get into our new clean and organised house, so I can get back to my normal everyday perfect americain wife and mother stuff.
I am almost done purchasing all the perfect accessories for the new house and cannot wait to see it all put togeather and finished. I have been tivo'ing Trading Spaces and watching 3 episodes a day looking for any neet ideas. I have picked out all the paint colors, and the hard wood floors, amd all I have left to do is get two desks for the office area. I am thinking about checking out the nude furniture store for some gorgous men...I mean desks.
School is still going well. I know I keep saying that but I am still surprised. We are day 32 and we have not stragled each other yet. There has bairly even been any tears shed yet. So I would say it is a successs!
Only 10 more weeks to go till my due date! I have been so busy I have not had time to think about this pregnancy and it has just flown by. I want her to get here yet I know life is going to be crazy so I am perfectly ok with her taking her sweet time.
Just trying to think what else is new around here. Oh yeah we are still church hopping and it is getting really old really fast. It has been a year and a half and still the perfect church has not come along. I don't know if I am being to picky or if there really hasn't been a good one yet. I think I was just so blessed with our last church and I knew what it has been like to be spiritually fed through all my great bible studies, small groups, and friends, that now that all that is gone I am starving. Spiritually starving that is, judging from the size of my rear we know I am not physically starving. Any way it is all a bit frustrating and I am getting tired of looking. A couple weeks ago I attended my neighbours church while they were having a revival, and lets just say that was a little frightning and over the top for me. There were people speaking in tongues and getting healed and dancing around the stage, and falling down flat from being hit by the Holy Spirit. The whole thing was just a little freaky if you ask me. Feel free to comment on your opinion of all that........
well my minute is up and we are out the door to go eat dinner. We are celebrating the faCT THAT IT WAS bEN'S LAST DAY ON COP DUTY AND WE CAN GO BACK TO HIS OTHER HECTIC SCHEDUAL..yEAH! oOPS I hit the cap lock button but do not have time to go back and fix it so just deal. I'm outy! 7 month prego pics to be posted soon! Just how fat is she??? Now that is the question!

7 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Yeah - glad you finally posted. I thought you might have drowned in all the packed boxes!

I thought you liked the church we went to?????

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger L said...

Hi Alyssa. I can understand how that church may have frightened you if you have not previously been exposed to that. I attend a church where some dance, some occasionally speak in tongues (though it's always followed by interpretation so that it's biblical), and some, when filled with the Holy Spirit may fall over (I have once). I also have friends who have been miraculously healed. I know many people can be scared away by this, because most churches are more "structured" if that's the right word. On the flip side, some can be caught up in the "experience" of it, instead of being caught up in the Lord. However, the things you mentioned are very biblical, (and we can all agree Jesus was pretty "over the top" :). I'm sure you're familiar with the many passages in the New Testament that speak of them. We believe that the Lord still wants us to experience those same things today, because He's sent His Holy Spirit and those are some of the manifestations of that. There is no place where He says that those things were to be temporary. The Lord still loves to heal, loves when we dance for him (like David wrote about in Psalms), and loves to give us gifts and fill us in various ways (some laugh, some cry, some fall over, and some just sit there and soak in His presence :). I'd just encourage you to pray about it and read about the places in the Bible that it speaks about these things. Perhaps the Lord will show you a new part of His heart. I hope that you and your family find a church body that is a good fit for you!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Church hunting seems to be so hard. We searched for 5 years in our teeny tiny town in Texas and didn't find one we liked that wasn't an hour away. Now we'll be close to the one we sort of liked and a lot of others so hopefully it won't be so hard. I've heard once you find something that you do think you click with you still need to give it a year to go through all the seasons and holidays to make sure it's what works best for your family. Good luck, I'll be praying you find that soon!

(((hugs)))

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

We know how you feel about church hunting. We decided just to suck it up and drive. We are part of a small group and the girls love their classes. It is really hard to visit churches with kids. I hope you will find something soon. Nothing compares with Grace so just give up on that. Our friends who moved away before us all said you can't find another church like Grace. We just have to look back with fond memories :(

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It took us forever to find our church home here, and now we're moving in July! Grrr. Isn't that the way it always works? I totally feel you on the speaking in tongues thing. I am a much more quiet worshipper. :) The first time I ever went to a church like that (only time) I was so freaked out. Not my thing. But everyone is different! It is so difficult to find a wonderful church. You can LIKE some, but they're just not right. Sigh.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

I have a tough time with people that are extremely emotional so that church would not be good for me. Drama is good for TNT but not Jeffy.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

Good to hear that things are going well but it must be hard to have all those boxes around. It just feels like your house isn't clean and I can sympathize with that. Have a good week!!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home