Tuesday, May 30, 2006



Option number 3: if you have not read the previous post read it first!

OK with a long weekend Ben and I had allot of time to sit and talk (AGAIN) about our future. If you were in our last small group in Wichita FAlls, you know how Ben and I love to sceam and manipulate situations for our future. So anyway we came up with a 3rd option and I have to say this is the first time we have felt a peace about the situation and are actually more excited then scared. So in option 3 we get out of the Air Force all togeather. Ben will have his MBA or be very near completeion. In the Air Force he is an electrition and has been doing that for ten years. It was never something he wanted to do forever but he does enjoy figuring stuff out and he is very good at it. Ben is always the guy people go to when they cannot figure something out. SO we would get out of the Airforce and it would put him at a Journeymans level in civillian life. After two years he could get his contracting license and start his own company or buy into one that is already started. By doing this he will be usuing his MBA but also have his ten years of experience to back it up. Now we can do this anywhere however I think we have chosen Austin Texas. It is a great city and I have always said if I ever lived in Texas again it would be Austin. It is close enough to family (4hours) yet far enough away that they cannot just show up on your door step. However the kids can go there for a week at a time on holidays or in the summer, (YEAH ME!) Also checking out the real estate it is amazing what kind of house you can get for your money in Austin or surrounding areas. For example for $220 000 you can get a 5000sqft house with 5 bedroom,a library, a game room, two living rooms, and 2 dining rooms! Not that we need a house quite that big but that is over $100 000 less then we payed here for 1200sqft. HOLY COW!!! So anyway We could definitly get our dream home in Austin. Ben would be doing something he enjoys and then using his MBA to take it even further, the kids would be close to family (but not too close), it is close to one of the biggest and my favorite outlet mall!!!!!, and the pros just keep coming! I really cannot think of any cons other then the fear of getting out of the Air Force just because this is what we have done our whole married lives. We have never enjoyed Air Force life however, and have always saidw we were just not militery people. SO it is an excited scared. So what do you think of option three?

9 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Oh and also once Ben has had his MBA for 2 years he can be a collage professor online at The University of Phoenix, so we would have that as a back up income. You get about $3500 per class you teach which last 6 weeks.

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Option 3 sounds like everybody wins Ben yourself and the kids plus extended family.
Fate works when its right everything just falls into place.
Sounds like you are on your way to making your big decision
Good Luck to you which ever path you choose to follow.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!! And I mean that literally. You know I have to LOVE that option :) . Not just because you would be near ME!!! You have no idea how excited I am about that, by the way. I feel like a long lost friend is coming to town. Girls nights, San Marcos, Cheesecake Factory, the Arboretum, ahhh. Oh yes and that weekend getaway with Allison. We are so doing that. Anywho :)

That does sounds like an awesome option. Electrician's make good money, and the UoP thing sounds doable with all you guys do any way. Having family close but not too close sounds positively ideal. If there were any way we'd move back to Cali that's how we would want to do it. Before I even knew what the option was when I read you had a peace about it my heart had a peace about whatever it was. That's awesome that you guys talked so much about it and came up with more options rather than just feeling like you're stuck to what's out there or going where the wind blows you.

Getting out of what you've always done can be really scary - we did that a year ago, but at the same time it can open up the doors for incredible change, and it sounds like this may do just that.

xoxo

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Hi - I'm new - I read Pink...

ANYWAY...

I love option 3!!!! Family, roots, good money, excitment, it has it all! And you can always vacation in Europe!! Sounds like a plan to me! :)

 
At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alyssa

I like #3. Just don’t wait to long to start your own co. We were looking forward to a holiday in Europe. Maybe we can go on one together, let say in about five years or so.

Love Dad

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger L said...

Yay, option 3 sounds great! And I love Austin!! I have family there and have been several times. And being close but not too close to family is perfect.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

Are you sure about the $3500 per class thing? I've had my MBA for 2 years and when I checked into it recently, I was told by Phoenix that I would make more like $900-1000 per 5 week class. Has this changed?? By the way...option 3 sounds very good!!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

I think you've got it made. I didn't know or realize that the military life was something that didn't fit you quite right. I'm so glad that you are feeling more comfortable on your options. Keep on talking. It sounds like you have great communication. I'm for option number 3 for sure, if you are. The housing market for Austin sounds even better than over here and here in Winnipeg it is the least expensive place in Canada to live.

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think option #3 is the best one. Closer to family is best. Life is to short. Regardless of what you decide it will be right, but I'm voting 3. I well pray for you guys to make the right decision!!!!! Love you Auntie Agnes

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home