Monday, May 01, 2006



Martha

Tomorrow morning I need to get up bright and early (which is physically painful for me) and put my best Martha Stewart on. The girls from my old neighborhood have started a breakfast club and twice a week we meet for breakfast that we take turns hosting and get to talk adult instead of kid for a few hours. Well tomorrow is my turn so I got to spend my Sunday cleaning from top to bottom so that I can give the appearance that I have it all together. Because remember...Appearances are everything. No one has to know that my toilet needed cleaning, I spent most of the day yelling at my kids, and I have a zit on my chin because the toilet is clean now, I will drug my kids to silence, and well there is always makeup for my chin.
So I am going to impress everyone with my home made waffles, quiche (in two different flavors, also homemade), cinnamon buns (had to thank the dough boy for that one), and orange juice made from scratch (gotta put that $400 blender to good use). I will let you know tomorrow is it all goes off as well as it sounds. It will probably go something like, burnt quiche in two different flavors, waffles that stick to the waffle iron, and orange juice who's pulp sticks to your front teeth. Add four screaming children of my own and 4 other screaming children that belong to others running threw my once clean house and the good times just go on and on. It all sounds so good in theory. Anyway I am going to just put my best Martha Stewart smile on and grin and bear through the whole thing.(even when the kids are sliding down the stairs in card board boxes.) By the way I hate Martha Stewart!

9 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger L said...

That's such a good idea . . a fun way of staying in touch with the girls from your old neighborhood. They're probably putting on their Martha Stewart smiles, too, when they're hosting. The food you're making sounds delicious. I'm about to eat breakfast and suddenly cereal just doesn't sound that great. Have fun!

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

YUM I want to come! I just ate a brownie for breakfast, so do you think I could qualify for your breakfast club?? And I would totally eat all the OJ with pulp, I like as much pulp as possible!!

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does sound fun. I bet it will go off beautifully - minus the screaming children. Maybe a new movie they haven't seen? That always keeps mine quiet for awhile.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Wish I could be there - that sounds fun - and yummy!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Breakfast went off with only a few hitches. Everything was going smooth until the five minutes where all the timers were going off and Londyn was screeming to be fed, and the kids started and fighting, and of course that is the exact moment they decided to knock on the door. There goes my "got it togeather" image. Oh well no one would fall for that anyway. We had a great time over breakfast and then brought our party to the pool where the kids swam and we layed out. Perfect day!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I had Keith and Lee over once, and after cleaning all day, one of my kids poured shreddies in the toilet, but missed, so it looked like someone had diarreah all over the seat. Wouldn't you know it--I gave keith and Lee a tour, and I was horrified. Then I finished the tour saying that I would clean it in five minutes but forgot. Keith cleaned it, when I wasn't looking.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger mommy d said...

Wow that is great that you do that with your friends. Usually if I have something planned I have the energy. It is when we have nothing planned that I am drained and the kids get cranky. Thanks for stopping by my site. I do have a lot in common with you! I love shopping too and went to Target for one thing the other day and spent $300. Shopaholic...that is me!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alyssa,
Cool blog!! Looks like I've got a couple of years to catch up on:) Check your alyssapix email. I emailed you yesterday.
Amy W. from Nebraska

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You always seemed so in control to me. You just have a relaxed way about you. You are a great mom and a great hostess.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home