Friday, April 14, 2006



ME Day!

Today I am putting my nanny to good use and taking a "me" day! I am going to start off with my morning run, which some days is like my morning torture, but it has to be done. Then I am going to shower and I plan to be pool side with some books and magazines by 10am. I am going to stay there until my tan has been refreshed, shower again, then go the day spa for my peppermint Pedicure. I will sharing this girl day with my good friend Vanessa and I can't wait for it to start!

While we are on my favorite subject....ME........I am so excited to announce that I am 5 pounds away from my skinny jeans! I have 4 weeks until Ben gets home and I have been dieting and exercising hard core. I have lost 11 pounds this week and 30 since I had the baby. 5 pounds and I will be in all my old size 6 clothes. I would still like to lose another 5 after that so my 6's will be a little loose on me. The last 10 is always the hardest, but I have 4 more weeks to get it done so I think it is very do-able. Ben has been working out 2 to 3 hours a day since he has been deployed so when he gets back hopefully we will be the new skinnier versions of ourseves!

My shopping habits have been obnoxious lately. I have grounded myself from any further entrance into the mall. Last week I needed an excuse to shop so I bought my "pick up Ben from the airport" outfit. Of course it came complete with new $40 wedges and a matching purse. The sad thing is it was not the first "pick up Ben from the airport outfit" I have bought. Hello everyone! My name is Alyssa Turner, and I am a shop-a-holic. I have been sober for 3 days.

Well I cannot stall anymore. I need to get my butt on that treadmill. This sounds like the most conceded post ever but hey what can I say, it's "ME" day!

4 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

You have great discipline for losing weight. Great job!! I wish that I could do the same but it just doesn't happen. Now that we have nicer weather, sping is here, I am hoping to get more excerise. You should post a picture once you are in your size 6. Good luck, you can do it!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

I love reading about your ME day! Everyone needs those!!! Have fun and enjoy every minute of it!

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for you taking a ME day! Not enough Moms do that, and then end up being sad and depressed. That is so awesome that you are working so hard at getting in shape, I bet you look GREAT!

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I love ya, and I had wonderful time today. Here's to many more ME/US days ;)

Vanessa

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home