Wednesday, February 01, 2006



What a blessing

I am one of the lucky ones who's inlaws are a blessing rather then a....well you know what some inlaws can be. I have always looked up to Ben's mom since the first day I met her. There was just something about her that drew you in. She is so unconditionally loving and welcoming you can not help but love her. In fact most of Ben and his brother Daniel's friends and old girlfriends still come by to visit her on a regular basis because she is just a great person. It was through her that I first saw the heart of Christ. His light shawn threw her with a brightnes you could not deny. Believe me I tried my hardest to deny it but eventually He won me over and I gave my life over to Him. She once shared with me that she has been praying for Ben's wife since he was just a little boy and in essence has been praying for me all my life, which is such a comforting thought. To think a little girl from Canada would end up meeting the man of her dreams way down south in Texas, and in meeting him also met the Father of her dreams as well. Her Hevenly father that is. I thank Judy for introducing Him to me.
Since then my inlaws have been so great to us in so many ways. They have prayed for us when we needed guidance, they have provided for us when we needed help, and they have loved us always.
I feel like I owe them so much for all they have done for us. When we were trying to come up with the down payment on our house ($2000) with 7 days notice, they lent us the money no questions asked. Then when we went to pay them back they told us to keep it as a house warming gift. That is one huge house warming gift. In fact that is several house warming gifts. Yesturday they went over the top again and saved us $900 by booking the flight for our nanny (who Judy also found for us) to come out using their airmiles. That is going to be such a great help to us and I cannot thank them enough. All I know is I am glad I have the inside line with them because they will have one of those huge mansions in Heaven, probably a couple houses down from Mother Teressa. And even though thanks to Judy I will have made it up to Heaven I will probably be living in the little emerald shack on the wrong side of the golden tracks, but I can knock on her giant door any time a day and it will always be open to me any anyone else who wants to be blessed by knowing her.

10 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

what a wonderful woman! This post made me smile- and reading the part about your MIL praying for you your entire life made a little tear come to my eye. That is so amazing and so sweet. Have you ever thought that one day, your future son/daughter in laws may think the same things about you??

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger L said...

What a great post! It's a rare thing to have such a good relationship with your MIL. She sounds amazing. And she's not just your mother-in-law; she's your spiritual mom, too, which makes it even more special. I hope I will be blessed with wonderful in-laws someday!!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Sounds like an awesome family to have as in-laws.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Awwww - that is the sweetest thing I have ever seen you write on this blog.

What a blessing your in-laws are!!

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww that is so awesome. As much as I get irritated with my MIL sometimes I feel the same way about her. She is that wonderful open person, although I get mad about the whole exgirlfriend thing :) , and I think she's a Christian but I'm not really sure. She's talked about it more solidly lately, rather than the loose I pray to so and so sort of way lately, so I am hoping.

Thank God for such an awesome family for you! What a gift to have them take care of those burdens that have to be taken care of any way but to not have that extra pressure that comes with it is such a relief.

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your blog- like always, but I just wanted to let you know that I have loved hanging out with you lately :)

Vanessa

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

That was great writing, and an awesome tribute to the inlaws. Your crack me up with your golden tracks line.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Where's the Super Bowl story?? I popped rightover here to read it and it's no where to be found.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger MarylandMommy said...

What a great post! I really love my in-laws also! I have known them since I was a little girl--but have always loved them!!! It is refreshing to hear stories like this though!!!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

That is a VERY sweet post! I know you will be the same one day for your kiddies' spouses. :-)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home