Saturday, January 07, 2006



Bells ringing in my ears

So it is 6am, and I am of course asleep, along with the rest of my house, when our alarm starts ringing. I have a key pad in my bedroom so I disarm the alarm, and wearily go downstairs to see why it went off. The sliding glass door in the kitchen was slightly open so I start looking around the house for any signs of anyone. I did not see anything and did recall, that I had not double checked that door before I went to bed and it could have been left slightly ajar from the kids earlier that day. So all of a sudden the alarm starts going off again. I run up stairs to check on the kids and when they were fine I called the alarm company to let them know what was going on and that it was probably a false alarm. Since it was going off even after it was disarmed made me think it was a glitch in the system. SO I am on the line with the tech guy and he is having me push all these buttons when the alarm starts ringing again. He does not recognize the sound of the alarm as being one of theirs so he askes, "Are you sure there are not any other alarms in the house that could be ringing?" Like an idiot I look up and it was the fire alarm, which had apparently run out of batteries. Oops, he he, flip my blond hair over my shoulder. In my defense though I was dead asleep, hear and alarm, and freaked out. So by then I had the tech on the phone, Corben coming out of his bedroom, the fire alarm ringing, and Londyn screaming bloody murder upstairs. Time to start a new day!

9 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

Well I am so glad that you heard back from Ben!! and that the bells stopped ringing. that was quite funny.

As for me still pregnant and can't wait to have this baby. Parents will be here in two days!!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Gotta love those fire alarms. Ours went off at 1:30am when Kirk turned the heater on for the first time. Then two nights later it went off again for no reason. It freaked Karissa out because they had just talked about fire safety at scholl. Then we noticed we don't even have a smoke detector in our kitchen...go figure. Glad you're staying busy!!

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so freaked out for you and then burst out laughing. Especially at your "Oops, hehe". Thank God it was the fire alarm!! I read this to Hubby and he says, "Time to start a new day." is the best line in that whole post.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

Hey Alyssa! That was a pretty funny blonde moment! Now, if your burglar alarm goes off, make sure you don't call the fire department! Maybe you should keep a fire extinguisher under your bed...that way, if your fire alarm goes off, you can extinguish the fire, and if a burglar comes in, you can whack them over the head with it! :)

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL!! That is too funny! :)

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

There really isn't much to say... Well actually there are a ton of things to say but just to damn many!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

HA! That is totally something I would do! heheheheh

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Every time a baby is born, they pull 10% of your brains cells out in their tiny little fist. You have four kids now, get used to it.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Hope you are doing well. Thinking of you (((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home