Monday, January 02, 2006



Good-bye 2005

2005 was a great year for us! We live in Hawaii, we bought a house, we had a gorgeous baby girl, we had lots of visitors, and made some great friends. Unfortunately 2006 is starting out not so good. Ben is leaving in 2 days and it is really hitting me hard. I feel sick to my stomach and cannot even look at him without crying. I just pray that the next 5 months fly by and he returns home safe.
For New Years we went to a gathering at our old neighborhood. It was a good time and the kids had a blast running around with all their friends. We got to bed at about 2am and everyone slept until 10 the next morning, so that was great!
I have been keeping a secret for a few months now and I think it is there first time I have ever actually kept a secret that long. Keeping secrets is not my specialty but now I can finally let it out. My little brother is expecting his first baby and I am so excited. They told me when they first found out, but were not telling the rest of the family until they came home for Christmas. So I had to bite my tongue to not shout it from the roof tops. Since my brother is 5 years younger then me I always thought my kids would be grown up before he started having kids, but now Londyn and his baby will only be 8 months apart so that is so cool. Congratulations Bryce and Patty, I could not be more happy for you two.
I have so much to write about but so little time, not to mention having trouble concentrating with so much on my mind. So I will write again soon, but for now I want to eat up every minute I can with my fabulous hubby before he leaves. I will leave you with a picture of Londyn in her
New Years Outfit!

7 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, she's adorable! And so not an infant already, I can't believe how quickly they grow.

Congrats to your brother and wife! How fun for your kids to have a cousin their age.

Enjoy every second with your hubby, it sounds like you are treasuring each moment already. We will be here for you when he leaves, and he will be there in spirit, in the way you love and cherish your little ones and the way he so lovingly takes care of you guys.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What an adorable new years outfit!! Congrats to your little brother... I can't wait until mine starts having kids (although he's only 23 so hopefully will wait longer).

I'm so sorry about your hubby leaving, I can't even imagine what you're going through. I wish I could hop down and visit you & distract you! I truly hope these 5 months go by really quickly and the two of you will be reuniting before you know it.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

She's so cute in pink. I feel sad for you. I can't imagine not having Geoff around for five months. I hope that all goes well and that time does fly. At least you have wonderful children that will keep you busy. Although nothing can really take away the sadness. I heard about Bryce and Patty and that is wonderful for them. Do you know if they are going to stay in Alberta then? Enjoy your days with Ben. Sending love. Colleen

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

Wow, she is getting so big so fast! And pink is definitely her color, which makes her MY KIND OF GIRL!! :-)

I'm terribly sad ben is leaving, but I'm sure the time will fly by fast. Too bad I don't have spare cash laying around for a trip to visit you and pass the time. :-( I can just imagine all the trouble we could get into to help pass the time...trouble with credit cards that is! :-)

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

She's beautiful. How much does she weigh, now? So sorry about Ben. We will keep you guys in our prayers.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Secret number two - Kelly is addicted to cocaine! can people read this comment?

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger L said...

I'm so sorry Ben has to be away for so long! I, too, wish I could come keep you company and lend a hand! You'll definitely be in my prayers.

Love Londyn's outfit! She's just as adorable as your other kids.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home