Friday, January 06, 2006



Better then I had expected.....

Well we are coming to the end of day three without Ben. I have to say it is getting easier and truth be told I am so busy with the kids and school all day that it feels like I wake up and before I know it the sun is setting on another day. I guess that is one good thing about having 4 kids while Ben is deployed, I do not have TIME to think about missing him too much. I have gotten two emails from him so far and my heart skips a beat every time I hear the phone ring. Today however we were at the pool with a friend and my cell phone started ringing. I did not even hear it when she says "is that your phone?" I grab it as quick as I can and I bring it to my ear just in time to hear the click of the person hanging up. I say hello five times begging him to come back when the operator comes on and asked if I had just received a call from someone overseas. I say yes and he says "oh sorry well I guess you will have to wait for him to call back. " AGGGHHHHHH! The good news is he left a message and I did get to hear his voice at least. He said he would call me back tonight but I have not heard back from him yet and it has been 3 hours and 15 minutes!! So you know what I will be doing tonight. Sitting on my phone and willing it to ring. I feel like a thirteen year old school girl who just kissed a boy for the first time and waiting for him to call for a second date. I even have a zit to play the part!

8 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, there's nothing like a deployment to bring back the excitement, mystery, intrigue and butterflies to a relationship!! :) I'm so happy to hear time is flying for you.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

OK I am starting to freak out here. It has now been 12 hours and 27 minutes and he still has not called back or emailed. I hope there is a logical explination for this because I am way to o young and have too many kids to be shopping for a black dress. He kows better then to scare me like this.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Catherine West said...

Alyssa, you can't let yourself get freaked every time you don't hear from him. He is busy doing the job is there to do and may have gotten tied up doing something. Just remember he is in God's hands - trust God with his life and worry about taking care of yourself and the kids until he comes back . You don't want him coming home to a basket case do you??? ;)
We will keep praying for you. you can do this.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Has he called yet??? You have me worried now!!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Ok he just called, Thank God! I guess when he left me the message that he would go have a shower and call me right back he had not slept in 36 hours. He totally crashed. I am just glad he called finally. However we got cut off every 5 minutes so he called all our numbers home and cells so we could talk longer. This is rediculous, I am 30 years old and they are telling me how long I can talk on the phone to my own husband. Can't wait to get out of the Air Froce!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger L said...

I'm glad to hear he finally called! It's so wonderful that you have family/friends coming to visit and even a nanny lined up. I miss those nanny days . . but I can't say that I ever got to nanny in Hawaii . . lucky girl!

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad he finally called. How fabulous will this sweet post, about the butterflies and waiting by the phone, be for your kiddos to read when they're all grown up.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

Aww, I'm so glad yall got to chat. You analagies are hilarious!!! They always crack me up!!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home