Thursday, January 05, 2006



Stay Puff marshmallow women.....

That is who I look like today! My eyelids are so puffy from crying it looks like I got collagen injections from a bad plastic surgeon and he hit the wrong spot. In fact if I were on the show Nip/Tuck I would look like a Dr. Bobble customer for sure. Anyway for those of you that do not know, Ben left yesterday. His cab pulled up to the house right on schedule at 7:15am. We got up at 5:30 and watched the minutes click by faster then normal until the dreaded 7:15 where the honk of the cab horn could be heard. It still does not seem real and I keep looking at the door waiting for him to walk through and say JUST KIDDING! My heart is physically hurting ever since he walked out the door, and all I can do is pray that the time goes by fast. The kids are doing pretty well so far. Addison(6) cries every now and then and Corben (2) still insists that he will be coming home from work any minute, and gets mad if I try and tell him otherwise. Camryn(4) just seems a little more mellow then usual, and of course Londyn(2 months) is pretty clueless, or maybe not because she fussed all night last night. I just want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. No one has a magic wand that can bring my husband home, but it is nice to know that I am not alone. I was excited to get an email from him this morning. He was about to start the third leg of his journey and was in Guam on his way to Japan. From there he goes to Thailand, and then on to Kuwait. The last time he was deployed he was at a different base and we both had webcam and we could see and talk to each other every day. This time however he is not aloud to instant message and can only email once a day if he stands in line for a 20 minute time slot on the computer. There are usually a bunch of people trying to use the computer all the time and you have to wait a few hours just to get your turn. He is also aloud 2 15 minute phone calls a week, but by the time he talks to me and all the kids we each only get a couple minutes. I just feel so bless that I have family and friends coming to help me out for most of January and Febuary. Then for March and April by the grace of God a girl that is interested in a nanny position just feel into our lap. She is from Texas and used to babysit for my sister in-law. She is a 20 year old nurse who is going back to school for her RN and thought it would be fun to get away and spend a few months n Hawaii before starting back to school. So we are paying for her ticket here and she will live with us and have Ben's car to drive and in exchange she will be here to watch the kids if I need to go out or run errands. So that being said we are very excited to have all the help, and that to will make the time go by easier and faster. Once again thanks for all your prayers I need to hop in the shower while the baby is sleeping. If Ben were her he would use his dry humor to say don't hop in the shower you might fall and hurt yourself.

8 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck, sweetheart! You & your family are in my prayers. Enjoy your company, beach it up, take advantage of having a nanny & hopefully time will fly! xoxo

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

I'm happy you have a nanny that worked out, but I can't get over the saddness of your hubby not being there with you. How long is he gone? I forget.

I am definitely thinking about you and praying the time flies by for you! You will definitely gain strength, wisdom and patience through this time of crummy-ness!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

he is going to be gone for 5 months, but it is going to feel like an eternity to me.

 
At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have a nanny, what a relief and help that will be. I'm glad he will be in constant contact with you. You are so strong, girl, you will make it through. I'm praying for you. For peace and relaxation in your life while he was gone, and that you'll not only make it through but that it will be a good memorable time in your lives.

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention, my parents are in Hawaii right now - my Mom kept saying the Big Island and that they went to Kona the other day so I don't think they're on the same island as you, but it's the thought that counts.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

We're praying for you and I hope things get better! Well they won't but I hope the feel better. Well they may not but I hope you lose consciousness for five months - how about that?

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Amy Burgess here -- my heart is just breaking for you! Your posting brought back so many hard memories. Josh deployed for 6 months when Grace was 6 weeks old, and we were overseas as well. All that to say, I can relate and I'm sooo sorry. I'm really glad you were able to get help once your family leaves. That will make all the difference so that you can get out and get a breather once in a while. Just so you know, life does eventually get back to normal and the kids bounce back way faster than you'd expect. We'll be praying for you!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

5 months IS an eternity! I'm so sorry sweety! Wish you and the kiddos could bundle up and truck it to Texas! You, me, Pink could hit all the malls together! :-)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home