Friday, January 27, 2006



Blog Snob!

Ok I cannot put off blogging another day. I have people calling me to see if I am still alive. However maybe I should stick to the no blog thing b/c they also said that they actually had to call me to see what I have been up to.The reason I have not blogged is because my brother was visiting for two weeks and we were to busy working on our tan. We went to the beach almost every day, and if we were not at the beach we were at the pool with a nice cold beverage in hand. This was my brother's first time to Hawaii and it was nice to be a tour guide again. It was great having my little bro around again. He is 6 years younger then I am and I had not seen him in 2 years so we had allot of catching up to do. He is such a sweet guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. He left her almost certain that he does not want 4 kids. I told him you do not start with 4 and you can try one out and work your way up from there. Lets just say there was never a dull, or quite moment around here. I am also very proud to say that he quite smoking while he was here! At $10 a pack in Canada he will be able to afford to visit more often. I never smoked but I here it can be a hard habit to break so cuddoes to Aaron for sticking to his commitment.

Benjamin update. Ben is doing well in Kuwait and is staying really busy with work and his masters degree. Being busy is helping his days go by faster, so that is good. We have however decided that we are definitly getting out of the Air Force after this tour. We have three years left in Hawaii and then it is good bye Air Force. This is just not the life for us. We are way to family oriented to be separated over and over again. The Air Force has done well for us but we are ready to settle down in one place. So that being said in 3 years we will be moving back to Texas (Tyler) and finally settle down for good. Ben's dad will be ready to retire around that time and he will take over his dad's company selling life insurance. Ben will be done with his MBA by then and we can welcome back the civilian life style.

Addison however is not doing quite so well. Saying goodbye to my brother Aaron broke her and the fact that her daddy has been gone for almost a month now came and slapped her on the side of the face. She clung around my brother's neck and begged him not to leave. She was crying hysterically and we practically had to pull her off, my heart breaking the whole time. That night I put her to bed and moments later while getting ready for bed myself I heard her screaming for her daddy in her bed begging for him to just grab her hand. I ran to see her and she was literally reaching out for her dad. My poor girl is going to need therapy soon if she has to say goodbye one more time. She is my emotional one and I just feel so bad for her. Time is just not going by fast enough and in a few weeks my dad is coming and we will have yet another departure at the airport. Keep her in your prayers.

Londyn had her 2 month Dr appt today. I cannot believe she is two months already. She had to have shots. That is another thing I usually make daddy do. I hate needles and it nearly kills me to see them stuck into my children. I make Ben be the bad guy and hold them while they get stuckl and then I come to their rescue after it is all done. I love being the good guy! Today however I had to be both the bad and the good guy, and I can vouch that the good guy position is much better.

My best friend from Canada and her husband are coming next week and I can't wait to see them again. She was my roommate and partner in crime in collage and we have some great and not so great memories from that time. Lets just say an ex-lax diet was not such a good idea. Anyway we are going to have a blast while they are here, and I can't wait.

Well that is about all that is new around here. Hopefully I will not be such a blog snob any more, but in my defense I don't exactly have allot of spare time with my four rugrats, I mean angels hanging from my every limb most of the day, and night.

8 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Catherine West said...

I guess it is a good thing you are having so much company...it keeps you busy and also you have extra help with the kids, or at least someone else to keep them occupied!!
Yes, I don't think I could be in the Air Force or Army or anything that would split up a family.
Hang in there and I'll pray for your poor daughter...she will be okay, don't worry.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I am so glad you are back. I check your blog everyday. I should have picked up the phone and called but life with four kiddos can be busy.(as you know) I think we painted our kitchen the same color as yours. Check out the pictures on Kirk's blog.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

Glad to see you back, Alyssa! It's mind boggling that you have been working on your tan in JANUARY!?!?! I could not imagine having to leave my wife and 4 kids for a whole year. YIKES! Sounds like Ben has a relatively easy entry into the life insurance business! Maybe his dad will give him some residuals so he's not starting out with nothing! :) Good luck! Also, with a built-in career like Ben will have, taking over dad's business, it would be hard to finish the MBA thing...especially when thesis time rolls around. UGH!

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That means if we're still here, you'll be close to us! Allison, do you hear a girls weekend coming on? How close is Tyler to Austin any way?

I'm so sorry to hear about Addison, that is heart breaking. You guys are doing the right thing by getting out of there as soon as possible. Your kids will thank you for it. But they'll also have a lot to look up to and be proud of for what you and their Daddy have persevered through while he's still in there.

Keeping Addison, you, and the rest of the Turner bunch in my prayers sweetie. ((hugs))

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

Um, HECK YEAH, to a fun girls (families too of course!) weekend sometime! I think Dallas is halfway between the two (generally speaking), so I am TOTALLY up to hosting the big event. Sephora, here we come!!

Man, that made me tear up reading that about Addison. I will definitely keep yall in my prayers, and hopefully knowing that the time there is going to end will give everyone something to look forward to to make it more bearable.

xoxo

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

ps...Elle is me, Allison. I change my display name periodically b/c I get paranoid w/ work issues.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I wish I could work on a tan out here. Maybe your friend can bring the sun back with her. Time is flying, I remember when you first said you were going to try getting pregnant, and now the baby is two months old. Wow!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Alyssa, I don't have your email address at this computer, and the other one is turned off and downstairs, so I thought I'd leave my question here. Do you know the URL for Jennifer's blog? She is one of the commenters above. She left a comment at my site, but I don't have her URL. You can email me, and I'll get it at this computer. I'd really appreciate that.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home