Wednesday, April 19, 2006



One of those days.....

My kids tested every ounce of my patients today. Mom is a three letter word, however my kids have found a way to add about 15 o's to the middle and can sometimes draw it out to a full one minute wine. I had to bribe Addison to do school with her chocolate Easter bunny, Camryn spent 5 hours reviewing her letters and learned nothing, Corben followed me around all day, and I must have tripped over him 17 times. Londyn was good as usual, and she even surprised me by rolling over for the first time. I asked her how they all start off so sweet and then turn into these little monsters who wine and sass all day. I don't get it. They are so darn cute when they are sleeping. My biggest problem with the girls is that they do NOT take care of any of there belongings. I spent yet another hour today looking for the back to their remote which I just found two days prior from the last time they lost it. The leave there video games lying around and Corben grabs them and turns them to Chinese and well since I do not read Chinese have no idea how to turn them back. Yesterday he purchased another dog on Camryn's nintendog game, which is usually a planned even t that I save for "one of those days". When I thought I was at the end of my rope I decided to jump in the shower for a quick 5 minutes of peace. No sooner did I get my clothes off did Addison run in saying she took the keys to go get something from the van and Corben and the keys somehow got locked in. So I rushed out the door, pulling my pants up on the way down the stairs. Then proceeded to spend the next 15 minutes trying to coax a two year old to flip that little button on the door. He would not stop crying enough to listen to me and was getting more frustrated by the moment. Addison was no help as she is crying sorry mama in my ear the whole time. They are all in the bath now and let me tell you bed time could not come soon enough tonight.

6 Comments:

At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU SHOULD HAVE 2 SETS OF KEYS!! IT LOOKS LIKE RED DEER NOT WPG. WE CAN STILL HOPE.

LOVE DAD

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger L said...

Aah!, that IS enough to drive you nuts. Of course, reading it from my perspective it also sounds funny (sorry :) I can remember nannying days when that stuff would happen and I was glad for their bedtime, too!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

What a day. I hope it gets better!!

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. How do we do it?!?!?!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

When Karissa was two I was checking the mail at our apartment and I locked her in the car. It was raining and Kirk wasn't home yet. Scary. When they are scared it is hard to get them to understand to unlock the doors. Keep on keeping on. Ben will be home soon. You are my hero. I couldn't handle my four kids alone for six months.

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Oh my - that just makes me laugh! I can totally see Corben in the car going "Addison - what are you doing out there?"

Sorry you had a bad day - but hey - at least you live in Hawaii!

By the way - don't act like you weigh more than 150 pounds - no way skinny!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home