Monday, April 24, 2006



Mission Impossible

Tonight we had our last bible study meeting. We had finished the last three chapters of our book and were all meeting at Ruby Tuesday. I had the best of all worlds by having an appetizer (smothered french fries), and then splitting both a BBQ chicken Burger and an appetizer platter with Vanessa. There is nothing like satisfying all your cravings at once. So we all participated in the usual small talk and discussed what study we want to do next, and next thing you know it was down to the last three chatters at the table. Myself, Vanessa, and one other girl. We stayed for another hour the whole time they mostly talked about work because there husbands work together while I sat and analyzed her. I was sitting there wishing I could nominate her for what not to wear. She is one of those gorgeous women that just does not know what to do with it. She has a beautiful face but never wears makeup and dresses really plane. So I was doing her hair, clothes, and makeup in my mind as they chatted it up and just when my make over in my mind was about to be complete Vanessa pulls a yawn "sorry I have to break up the party but I am going to have to head home" since I was her ride I guess that means my night away from the kiddies was coming to an end as well. I was a little disappointed because I can usually count on Vanessa for a fun time, but I thought hey everyone has those nights when they are just too pooped to party and become the party pooper. so we gather all our stuff and head for the door. The rest of this blog is top secret so I am going to have to use code names. So agent A and agent V get into the car say goodbye to our bible study groupies and drive off. Just outside the parking lot Agent V suggests a secret mission back to the restaurant for a secret mission drink. So we got into our invisible suits and secret mission tiera's and sneak back into the bar after all said bible study goers were out of site. It was a dangerous mission, but someone had to do it. Take one for the team, I believe is the term. So we contemplated over the lemon drop or the cosmopolitan and since we were on a daring mission decided to go with the lemon drop. It was sour with a zing but we concurred it like heroes. Soon the waitress twisted our arms and caught us in her evil snare and the next thing you know we were washing it down with a cosmo. It took all of our strength to defend ourselves against her but we beamed each other with our telepathic tiera's and got out of there before any more harm was done. Mission accomplished. Normally I would think this was a dangerous mission to attempt after a bible study but the book we are reading is called "Bad Girls of The Bible" so I think of it more as on the job research!

17 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe. Did they discuss lemon drops and cosmopolitans in the book? lol

How IS that book by the way? We had a bookpass at church and I saw that one - normally something I wouldn't pick up but it sounded pretty neat.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

he book is really good actually. A very easy read and kind of fun. It could use a better cover though. That girl on thr front creaps me out.

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyssa,
I came across your blog and it's hysterical!! Your husband is a Ssgt in the Air Force and your'e a wannabe yuppie. And a nanny??? Now that's funny. It's just so rough raising children while your husband is TDY, isn't it? But then again, you have to have your "me" time to drink your cocktails and get your hair and nails done. By the way, what's your church called? Because I sure would like the name of the church that condones ditching people like a couple of 16 year olds while you're at "bible study."
Keep up your pathetic lifestyle. Your family must be so proud of you.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow! That was a really rude comment. I was going to say I love reading your blog. You just never know what it will say. You have such a way with writing. Maybe you should do that when all your kids are grown. I thought you didn't allow anonymous comments!!!??

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Isn't it funny that all the people who leve rude comments do so annonamously like a coward? First of all you know nothing about me. Yes my husband is deployed to the Middle East fighting for the freedoms that you probably take for granted. How dare you sit at your computer and condem our life. When I got my hair done it was the first time in 6 months to see a hair dresser. I have had a pedicure once and it is a gift from my husband who knows how hard it is to stay home with four young children and homeschool two of them at the same time. The nanny was a blessing that just fell into my lap. My mother in law flew her out here and I pay for all her expences. I have only used her to take my kids to Dr appointments, take my daughter to lunch on her birthday, and bible study. I don't know why I am even explaining myself to someone like you. Oh by the way what church do you go to because I would love to see a church that condones people to throw there nose up in the air and judge others when you don't even know the half of it. Maybe you should take the log out of your eye before you try and take the speck out of mine.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyssa you are right you should not give this person the time of the day. As for anonymous if you grow up to be half the person my daughter is you can be proud.

Dad

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As part of Alyssa's family I am not only Very Proud of her I am Amazed and in Awe of her.
Alyssa is a much better person than that "Anonymous person" could ever dream of becoming. Who are you to judge anybody I sure pity you "Anonymous person"

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

Aww, I am in love with your sweet daddy now!!!

That idiot is just jealous he doesn't have a wife as gorgeous and fabulous as you! And yeah, anons kill me...brave enough to make a comment, but he has no balls to even leave his info. I scoff at people like him!

You just continue being you, because that is why I love ya!!!

xoxo

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, but I do know you, Alyssa. Your husband isn't the only one that goes TDY. See ya around....

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I knew this anonymous person did not just happen upon my blog. You see I have never posted my husbands rank so you kind of sold yourself out on that one. Now stop being such a coward and give your name. If that last comment was some sort of threat I really hope you get a life of your own.

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyssa,

I've been reading your blog for a very long time. You and your husband have always been there for me and I can't believe anybody would post something so ignorant. Don't worry about the type of people like that who have nothing better to do with their time. Take care.

Nate

 
At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Alyssa. I am so outraged for you!! Whoever that person is I agree with Elle, that they are only jealous. And if it is the wife, well you know what Alyssa, you do things that knock the socks of me, have beautiful, gorgeous children that love you like no tomorrow and you love them, a beautiful home that you are absolutely creative with, a loving, supportive thoughtful caring husband, and still find time to find YOU in the middle of it all. That takes an amazing mother and wife, and is the best kind of mother and wife there is. I get so grouchy when I don't take out time for myself - hello no hair appointment for going on 7 months here. You are part of my inspiration, that and I'm hating the pictures of myself lately :), for getting a hair consultation tomorrow (I have to make sure it's safe before I spend the buckos :) . I'm surprised you don't get more completely unkind comments because there are so many jealous people out there in the world who only want what others have and don't think about how to go and get it themselves but only how to try and tear those people down who do make the attempts at it which of course doesn't work and only serves to make them madder. There are so many of them and only a very few of amazing yous out there.

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

There is some drama on your blog site. How rude of that person to make such judgements about you and such a coward to not leave their name. People these days. You are a wonderful mother and wife. I am amazed at how well you are able to handle life and your family while your husband is gone.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. As far as anonymous is concerned, it is a free country and you are free to think what ever you want of me. Since my life is so pathetic to you why don't you just stop waisting your time and mine and just not read my blog. I am way to old for these high school games you are trying to play. So just leave me alone and I will go on enjoying my life.

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not outraged by your taking time to yourself. It's well deserved and needed. What I was outraged about, however, is that someone at a "bible study" would be so judgemental of someone else at the study. How Christian is that? I mean, if it crosses the mind that this woman needed a makeover, okay, but to write about it in a blog and judge her like that is plain wrong. Maybe her looks are not as much of a concern to her as you. What makes you think your looks are so great that you can judge other's appearances?

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Ok this is getting just rediulous. Let it be said that I think the girl from bible study is great and beautiful like I said in the blog. Obviously I did not spend the whole time giving her a make over in my head. I am writing a story. Nore did I put on invissible outfits and tiera's and sneek into the resturaunt. I write to be entertaining and that is what it is ment to be. Nothting else. I spend most of my time on this blog making fun of myself. Also I do not calim to be a high and mighty Christain. these pages are full of my mistakes and sins for everyone to see. That is one thing that people like about me, I am not fake. I do not pretend to be someone I am not, and all my faults are posted for who ever wants to read them. So lets just agree to disagree and move on.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger L said...

Wow! There IS a lot of drama on this post. I, for one, have to say that I think it's lovely that you enjoyed an adult beverage with your friend. Obviously it's something that people have different convictions about and by going back later on you were only avoiding the possibility of making others uncomfortable.

Also, I too can be accused of giving mental make-overs. I think it's very sweet of us, wanting others to reach their beauty potential :)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home