Friday, April 21, 2006



Only me......

Only I, Alyssa Turner, can go into a store to buy shampoo, and come out with a $400 blender. How in the world does this stuff happen to me? They just had to be demonstrating the Vita-Mix right there at the front of the store. I can not watch a demo and not buy! I have the Kirby, we got the time share, we got that case of steak from the meat guy that swore it would be the best steak(it wasn't) So if you are selling something knock on my door because I will buy it! I practically had to buy it after all my kids kept eating sample after sample, so much so that I didn't even need to make dinner:0) So I immediately started making excuses in my head, and out load of why we need it and how I was going to sell it to my husband. It did have a 30 day return policy, and I was a good girl and kept it in the box until I talked to my husband about it. SO when I got home I emailed him and said something like: Ben I really need to talk to you. Call me ASAP. I love you so much it hurts, Alyssa. Not one minute later Ben calls me all worried that something happened. He asked what was wrong? I began by asking him ?What price can we put on our children's health?" "Our children's health, what's going on?" "Well more like their nutrition?" "I guess it is priceless" he says reluctantly. Oh well I am glad to hear that because I just spent $400 on a Vita-Mix. It was the demo! That thing is amazing! It can heat up soup in 4 minutes because of the fast friction of the blades spinning. It can make ice cream in 30 seconds. All the smoothies under the sun. In fact it is the smothhie maker that all thoses places use. You just throw in the entire fruit or vegetable, and don't even have to take out the seeds. It is amazing. He had actually seen the demo in a store before and wanted to buy it himself, but he has more self control then I do. So I reaffirmed all the good things about it, gave him a few more I love you smoopy woopy and tore open my new box! Well I have a smoothie calling my name! Blend ya later!

3 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

You have NO IDEA how JEALOUS I am of your vitamix!!! Those are the most incredible blenders EVER!!! That is the blender they use at starbucks and smoothie king!! They are the BEST and I cant wait to own one one day. I will not buy another blender, until it is a vita mix!!!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

$400 for a mixer. sounds like it will be pretty good. We just spent $300 on a kitchen aid mixer because Geoff refused to buy any mixer unless it was a kitchen aid. I finally gave in because we got it at cost at future shop and i'm tired of doing everything by hand.
I hope you enjoy the smoothie. geoff is looking forward to cookie dough.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ooh I am jealous too! And you are right, your children's health is totally invaluable... no price could be put on it!!

I heard y'all are having sunny weather again, YAY!! :)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home