Thursday, May 18, 2006



OK I guess it is time to update!

I know I know it is time to let everyone in on what we have been up to. Well for starters Ben made it home safe!!! He got home Last Wednesday. He was supposed to fly in at 10:30 at night but it ended up getting pushed back several times and finally ended up being 1:15am. So I told the kids that his plane broke down and he would not be back until the next afternoon. So I proceeded to put there sad little faces to bed, and once they were asleep my neighbor came over to watch them. That way when they woke up in the morning daddy would be here to surprise them. I did take Londyn with me since she had changed so much since Ben left. Well I really wish I would have taken the kids now because they had a huge production with a red carpet and band and the local news and everything. It was pretty amazing to watch them deboard the plane and come marching towards us down the red carpet. It seemed so surreal that he was actually finally home. Londyn took to him like he had always been here, which was amazing because she has been playing strange with people lately. She gave daddy one of her gorgeous big smiles and has had daddy wrapped around her finger ever since. When we got home Ben and we stayed up till 4am catching up "if ya know what I mean" hint hint.
The next morning Corben was the first to come in our room. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Ben and just stared at him for a good couple minutes. He did not move or blink. Then slowly he walked over to my side of the bed and whispers "daddy" They had a big tickle fest and they were best friends again. Then he went to wake the girl up. He tried Addison first but since she is as much of a morning person as I am she would not budge. He gave up on her and tried Camryn and she popped open her eyes and shouted "daddy!" Addison heard this and she had jumped out of bed and clung around his neck in about 2 seconds flat. It was so cute. After a long group hug we all jumped in our king size bed and visited with each other just like old times.
I love the newlywed high you get when they first get back. When you get butterflies in your stomach again when you kiss and remember why you married this person in the first place. However now that we have been back together for a week we are struggling to get back into a routine together. I had a routine that did not include him, and now that he is back we are finding out where everybody fits again. Everyone goes through it after a deployment and eventually you get back to your old routine and it all works out. We already got our big post deployment petty fight out of the way, and now that the lines of communication have been open we will be adjusted in no time.
Mother's day was great. It was the first time Ben got to go to the new church I found and love. He loved it as well and are so excited to have a church home together. After church we went and renewed our annual passes at Hawaiian Waters water slide park and spent the afternoon there. We had Chili's take out for dinner and were going to go eat it at the beach and watch the sunset but we had a slight detour to go help a friend in need. My friend's husband had to leave on a TDY on mothers day and when she tried to take herself out to dinner with her kids someone stole her wallet and all her ID. So we brought her dinner and ate with her instead. After that we came home and watched a movie and put an end to our perfect mothers day. Oh I also got my favorite new perfume Burburry London, and some new good sunglasses, which I have yet to pick out.
Oh I forgot to brag about how good my husband looks. While he was gone he worked out for 2-3 hours a day (mostly out of boredom) but let me tell you I have been having trouble keeping my hands off of him since he has been back. I like I like!!! He has always been slim but now he is toned and has these great pecks and rippled stomach. Now I really need to lose that last 10 pounds so I don't look like Ben's frumpy wife.
Ben is off for two weeks so we are catching up on yard work and going to the beach as much as possible. Corben turns 3 on Saturday and Addison turns 7 10 days later. Corben is doing chucky cheese and Addison is taking a friend to the spa for some girl fun and pedicures!
Well I think that is all that is new around here for now. I will try and update more often but cannot promise anything.

8 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

I am so jealous - I LOVE Burburry London!!

How about a picture of the "new" Ben!!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I am glad you are back. How about a new picture of everyone?? I am glad things are good. I rememver having to adjust to Kirk being around again after he graduated...I can only imagine the adjustment when they are gone 24\7 for 6 mo. We will pray for you all.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing. I'm glad your week together was good and that you view the bumps as just what they are bumps and expected. You have such an incredible outlook on life! You've got very lucky children and a lucky hubby :) !

The birthday idea for Addison is too cute!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

That sounds really great. Im sure it's a great feeling when someone you love comes home after a long time apart.How exciting. God Bless you!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

I am so happy for you guys. reading about how wonderful it was to have ben back and your children loving that their dad is back, touched my heart. I can't wait to see a family picture. Your situation really makes me appreciate every night when Geoff comes home and every morning when I wake up and he is there beside me. love you guys!!

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I write this with tears running down my cheeks! What a beautiful story, I'm so happy for the Turner Family! Welcome home Ben! Enjoy your time together!
Love Tannis

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger L said...

What a great post! It sounds like such a sweet time for your family.

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy for you guys! It's great to hear such true happiness... You deserve it that's for sure. Love you and yes a family picture would be nice Aunt Agnes

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home