Wednesday, October 26, 2005



Can you say dilate?

SO I went in for my routine OB appointment today and I am at 32 weeks and 5 days. I told the Dr that I have been having contractions for the last week and a half, so she decided she better check me. When she did she discovered that I was dilated to a 3 already and sent me up to labor and delivery to be monitored. They monitored for 2 hours and I am contracting but when they checked my cervix after two hours I had not progressed any further so they sent me home. I have to go in again tomorrow morning to make sure I am not any further along as this would be a little early to go into labor. All of this is no surprise to me. I always dilate way early and by the time I hit 35 weeks I am usually at a 5 or 6. I have always been induced at 38 weeks so that my water does not break at home. Once my water breaks I go from a 6 to a 10 in about ten minutes so that does not give me much time to get to a hospital. This is however the earliest I have ever started dilating, and I am sure Londyn will be making an appearance before her due date of December 16th. Just thought I would give you all the update and I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

9 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Kirk Wimberley said...

WOW!!! Be careful this weekend or you might go into labor for sure!

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger L said...

Oh my goodness, you DO dilate early! Hope Londyn comes at just the right time :)

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

wow! that's crazy! Well at least you know that it happens and you are a pro at it by now, with number 4. I hope that all goes well and moving won't cause the baby to come early. Keep us updated with how you're doing.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Holy cow ur moving and dilating at the same time. Very scary!

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to take your own advice and go for a pedicure and some pampering instead of all that nesting you have planned, it sounds like youll have to get it done after Londyn makes her grand entrance

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Joey said...

Woo, I hope you can hold on until at least 37 weeks! Take it easy there!

If I may ask, how long were you in labor with your first? I had my first in 3.5 hours! EEK. I'm already getting pretty nervous about having to deliver this one myself! lol

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Cant wait for the update.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

update: I am still sitting at a three and I will start seeing my DR once a week and will continue to be monitored. My first baby was c-section, my second five hours and my last was 3 hours. So when she decides it is time it will be fast. I think I might have to teach my 6 year old how to deliver babies!

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lucky girl you. Except for that c-section, boy, you have easy births!!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home