Friday, October 07, 2005



Anal!

My life would be a whole lot easier if I was not so anal. So I ended up going to that naked furniture store to buy two matching desks. However when choosing my stain color my eye turned towards these great colored stains rather then going with the dark wood of the the rest of my house. So I decided it would be cool to get a blue stain and do a whole blue and brown theme in the computer area. My plan was to get some retro blue and brown material to upholster the chairs and do some watching Roman shade window treatments and I painted the book shelf and the chalk board frame brown to go with this new theme. So that was all done and good however......Yesterday I went shopping for desk accessories and was hoping to get two dark brown desk pads and some baskets to go in the shelving. Well the only thing I could find after many many stores was a mustard shade of brown. So I thought since it is still in the brown family it might go together ok. So I get it home and decide that it would just not be fashionably acceptable to have three different colors going on and made an 8 pm run to check some more stores (with all the kids b/c Ben was at work) for what I was looking for. I came home empty handed and tossed and turned all night over my dilemma. So this morning I was down stairs on the computer when I looked over at my new desk with it's new mustard accessories when I noticed that the accessories were the same exact color as my walls. So my options were to get new accessories, or repaint my book shelf and chalk board to match with paint that I just happened to have on hand. So 8 am out came the paint brushes and rollers (AGAIN!!!) So here is what we ended up with...What do you think?

3 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

P.S.- please ignore the mess, with all the painting and packing going on the house has been very very neglected!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger L said...

I like it! It's very unique and fun. Way to be creative!

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go getting out that paintbrush! I have a half painted dining room table awaiting me at home and either I am going to have to find the same shade of paint or go with something new altogether, so I say anything that gets DONE is fabulous :) . And I do love the bright color of that desk :)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home