Tuesday, April 03, 2007



I see more palm trees in my future

Once again never a dull moment in Turnerville. A week ago I was spending hours online looking up houses in Texas and this week we have made an official decision to stay in paradise for 5 more years. Ben was offered a really great job here and between the pay, and the amazing schedule it is just too good to pass up. They are going to keep the position pen until he gets out in September, and he will work 8 10 hour days in a row from 6am to 4pm, and then he gets 6 days off in a row. Yes 6 days! That was not a typo. I know you are used to typos on my blog but this folks is real. I cannot wait! IT will be awesome! We can go to the gym together, and go to the beach together, and he will be able to go on the kids field trips, and well that is just an awesome schedule. Also we are going to sell our house and buy a bigger one in the same development. We really need a four bedroom, so Londyn does not have to live in our bedroom forever, plus we will gain another 400 sq feet. This will feel like 1000 to us after moving from our small house. I hope everything happens as planned and all the timing works out with the sale of the house and the purchase of another. So it looks like I will not be turning in my flip flops for some new boots any time soon. I was getting excited about a new adventure for our family but I am perfectly happy sticking around here for a few more years. Another point that is making this all easier to take in is that they have announced that they are building a Target 10 minutes from my house. TARGET! YIPPIE! That was the only thing this island was missing. Now we will have one and I will be there all the time. In fact you might want to send my mail there because I will spend more time there then at home I am sure. Ben is so excited (insert sarcasm) They are also building a new huge mall, and a campus on this side. They say it will be the "new" downtown making the location of our house the new "IT" place to be. So by the time we leave here the housing market will be peeking again and we will gain some serious equity on the house.

So on other news spring break sucked and went not at all how I had planned. I pictured myself on the beach everyday, getting a great tan, maybe loose a few pounds doing a new fad diet, turning me n to Claudia Shiffer's look alike clone, and getting in quality time with my girlfriends. Well instead week one I got my period, which keeps me well away from even so much of a thought to getting into a bathing suit. I finally get rid of that when up sprouts the biggest, most hugest, most gigantic zit on my cheek. Like the kind I had to hold an ice pack to because my whole cheek was swollen. Like the kind where you lock yourself away on a room as to not scare people. Like the kind where you pick at it every day all day long until you form a giant scab over half your face. So for 5 more days I stayed inside and out of sight . My friends all thought I fell off the face of the earth and my kids were going stir crazy in the house. It finally cleared up on the last 2 days of spring break and I felt like a prisoner with a lifetime sentence who just got proven Innocent and released from jail. I spent all day every day at the beach until the kids had to go back to school. Hopefully next years spring break will be better. I will say that it has been a joy having the kids back in school this week. It is so peaceful here during the day and I can actually get some house cleaning done. Well until they get out of school and destroy it again.

Londyn is finally walking pretty regularly. She had a couple near death situations over spring break, but no thanks at all to my poor mothering skills she has survived. The one day we actually made it to the pool in between period and sprouting of zit, she fell into the pool and no one saw her. I had just put her down and urned around to hang my cover up on the back of my chair and Addison screams "Londyn is in the pool" I turn around and Londyn is floating 4 feet out from the side of the pool and about 1 foot under water. I am telling you her life literally flashed before my eyes. I can't get the image out of my head. It took me 2 seconds flat to jump in the water and pull her out, but in those 2 seconds I bet 20 different thoughts went through my head. One of them was trying to recall how to do CPR on a baby. Apparently she was a fish in a past life (not that I believe in that) but when I pulled her out she did not cry, she did not choke, in fact her reaction was about the same as I get when I wash the shampoo out of her hair. She acted as if it was no big deal and was heading right back to the water all day. I am glad she is not scared of the water but boy did she freak me out. She of course could do no wrong for the next few days and I was happy to clean up the 500 q-tips she dumped, and the dog food she poured in the water bowl, and the toilet paper she unravelled, and the water she poured all over the floor from our water dispenser, and the markers she colored the wall with. I did it happily just knowing she might not have been so fortunate that day at the pool. All the what if's have been streaming through my head ever since. It is a good thing God is watching out for her during those moments when i am not. I have to say that in a way I am glad it happened because I can be a little to relaxed with the kids and it was a good wake up call to remind me just how quick they can be. Anyway just when we were getting over that ordeal we went to the pool again and she fell and banged her mouth on my pool chair sending her top tooth through her bottom lip. After many tears and much blood later she survived with two huge swollen lips. This girl is going to start having a complex about the pool. What a little trooper though!

Winston is still a welcome little ball of fur in our home. That is truly amazing since most dogs have one paw out the door by the this time. We finally got that perfect dog for us and I am so thankful for that. The rent-a-dog days are over for the Turner's!

Well I think that is it for now. Can't think of anything else really exciting going on. That is probably a good thing because we could stand to be not exciting for awhile. I would welcome not exciting right now. Hope everyone is enjoying their week and has a great Easter weekend! Pictures of my adorable kids, in their adorable Easter outfits to come soon!

7 Comments:

At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your decision you guys!This gives me 5 more years to get myself to HAWAII! Wahoooo and with a Target there by that time.... oh my gosh, we could do some serious damage considering I don't have Target either!
Also, thanks so much for the prayer request!
Love you all!
Tannis

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger my life is brilliant said...

That's great that it's working out for you all to stay in Hawaii -- and live in the new "it" location! Woohoo!

Poor little Londyn! But what a trooper! Did she have to get stitches on her lip? I'm so glad she's okay through all that!

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm sure both of those incidents with Londyn were terrifying! I'm glad she's ok though!

Congrats on staying in Hawaii! And to think I could have had another Canadian living a few minutes away from me! Oh well... Maybe in five years! :)

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

yea! More time to save up to come. Although I was looking forward to seeing you more often!!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger a tall sassy gal said...

Yay for keeping the flip flops and staying in Paradise. That job sounds too good to be true!

Yay for her walking!

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you guys! Glad your decision days are over... Wish you all the best...
Yes, thank the good Lord He had his angels watching over Londyn. My heart skipped a beat when I heard, can't imagine what yours did..
Love you all, Auntie Agnes xo

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Colleen Salter said...

Wow, that is crazy. I am so glad that everything is okay with Londyn. Everytime Kaylee puts something small in her mouth I wonder, do I know what to do if she chokes and I am not sure that I would. So thank goodness God does watch out for our little ones when we are not. Horray on the decision to stay. It sounds like an amazing opportunity and I hope that we can make it out to see your new place and all of the fun things that you guys enjoy. Happy Easter, can't wait for the pictures!! Congrats on Londyn walking too!!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home