Saturday, March 10, 2007



last post continued...

So where was I? Oh yes the Big Island. We had a time share here so we decided to use it up and spend 6 nights on the Big Island. It really surprises me to say this but I thnk this was my favorite Island so far. It was sooooo huge and had so many different kinds of terrain. One minute you are driving through fields of black lava rock, then you are on cliffs next to the crystal clear ocean, then you make a bend and are driving amoungs rolling green hills that look more like Europe then Hawaii, there are white sand beaches, and black sand beaches, and even green sand beaches. There is just no end to the things to see and do there. I will try and upload some of my favorite pictures but it is going to be hard to limit them to just a few. The first day there we basicall just drove around 3/4 of the island, stopping at all the scenic outloooks, a hike to a wterfall, and black sand beach along the way. This took well over 8hours. Amazing because on our island nothing is more then 30 minutes away. Here is some of what we saw!











The next day we spent the day at a great beach. It was a little more crowded then we are used to but the water was amzing!





next day we attempted the night hike to the lava at the volcanoes, but it ended up being a 5 mile hike in the dark over lava fields, in the dark, and with 4 kids it just wasn't happening. So we hiked about a mile, decided it was more than we could handle and settle for an all you can eat prime rib and crab leg buffet in ilo. However by the time we got there we had 1 hour before it shut down. So it was quite the site In one hour I shoved down 6 pounds of crab legs, 4 ribs, potatoes, salad, and then went for dessert and ice cream. Oh and did I mention this came with bottomless beer! So once they kicked us out I went to the car undid my pants, and fell asleep while Ben dorve the 2 hou ride home.








the highlight of my trip was a zodiac/snorkle tour. It was a four hour trip on an inflatable boat with two stops for the most amazing snorkling I have ever done. The water was amazing. We were in 30-80 feet of water and you could spot an pebble on the sea floor. We saw millions of fish, and swam with about 6 sea turtle that I could reach out and touch. We didn't even get out the bay and saw 50 doulphins, and spotted about 15 whales. The whole trip was awsome. I wanted to do it again the next day!













Here are some more pics from our trip!


This is a picture from the coffee plantaion we toured. this is how the coffee beans grow. they are called cherries, and a re a little sweet with a bean in the middle.








Londyn's first pigtails!

Londyn update: Still NOT walking! Has taken a couple steps here and there, but nothing to write home about. Maybe one day she will decide to take off. She is talking allot! every day she does something new! I think she gets even cuter every day to. I guess she ages like her mother. Ok that has to be it for now. I am tired of blogging! More to come soon!

5 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

How beautiful! Glad you got to see all of that before you move back to UGLY Texas!! :)

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger my life is brilliant said...

Wow, so I can't believe you might be moving to Dallas. Crazy. You know I'll have to meet you if you do. lol

I've totally been to that black sand beach, and I've seen that waterfall in your picture. It's making me geared up for my trip to Hawaii -- in three days!!!

I'm glad you feel like everything's working out well for you, with leaving the military and all. My cousin is marrying an Air Force guy this weekend in Honolulu, so that's why I'll be in Hawaii. I wonder if you guys know him?!

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Awesome pics!! So you saw 50 dolphins and whales - what about sharks!! Don't be dumb you know they were around - count your lucky stars your alive!!!!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

Wow, awesome pics!! I LOVE reading about your adventures!!! Yes, Texas might be ugly, but the shopping is beeeeutiful!!! And thats what really counts right!?! I wish you were here in two weeks to accompany me to a big sephora event!!!

 
At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures! i felt like i went on a mini-vaca when i read that post!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home