Thursday, November 09, 2006



Count down to the new me!

I feel like an idiot for not thinking of this sooner, but it just hit me yesterday that I am down to one kid not in school and I can join a gym! You see in Texas I belonged to a gym and I loved it. I would meet my friends there every day and the best part was they had free child care included in my membership. So when I cam to Hawaii I looked into joining a gym but at the time I was homeschooling and the child care was extra on top of membership. For 4 kids it worked out to $12 a workout to go to the gym. On top of my membership that became pretty pricey! So I cut my loses and purchased a treadmill to collect dust in my garage. It is the perfect place to hang my laundry! Well yesterday it dawned on my that now I would only have to pay child care for one. I could join the gym right next to Corben's preschool, and go there every day right after I dropped him off, work out for a couple hours and then hang out for a bit before it was time to pick him up. Conveniently there is a Ross next door to the gym so I always have a place to brows (and buy) while waiting to pick Corben up. Funny how things just work out! So today was my first meeting with my personal trainer. We mostly talked and went over meal plans and measurements and what not. I almost fell off my chair when she told me my body fat was at 30%. Can we say GROSS! I need to loose about 12 pounds to get it down to 25% which would be a good percentage for me. So its on! I am waging a war against my fat and I plan to win! After my meeting with the trainer I did 5 minutes on the stairs, 30 on the elliptical, and 15 on the treadmill. I would have done more but it was time to pick up Londyn. They have a two hour max on the child care. I cannot wait to get a few months down the road and start seeing some great results. Oh and get this my trainer said I actually need to be eating more! Yeah! I ma usually so busy running around all day that I often skip meals and then make some bad choices when grabbing snacks. I try not to eat anything past 7pm and then I usually skip breakfast b/c of lack of time. So from 7pm to noon the next day my body gets no food and goes into starvation mode. So I have to try and train myself to eat small portions every few hours. Not going to be easy but if I can make it a priority maybe I can break some of my bad eating habits. I also need to start drinking more water, I just never think of it. SO I am going to have to strap a water bottle to me and remind myself to drink. Anyway I am excited to start living healthy again. I am even more excited to get into ALL my clothes. I will have a whole new wardrobe and not have to spend a dime. Won't that make my husband happy. Well of course once I reach my goal I am going to have to buy some celebration outfits. Hey I deserve it! So I am setting my goal at 15 pounds and I will let you know when I reach it. Maybe I'll even get myself a pair of those skinny jeans! NOT!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger a tall sassy gal said...

Good luck. Yes we did everything we could in Hawaii b/c our plane tickets were free(courtesy of my dad) and we stayed with my friend. So we saved money to do everything. Didn't know if we would ever go back. So now at least when we do go back less money will be spent.

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Go Alyssa Go!! Woot! I am proud of you!

I ALWAYS carry a pink or purple nalgene with me... it's great motivation to drink my water all day. Even better if I stick some ice and a lemon slice in there with the water, yum!

 
At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I think you are on the Mommy diet of not eating. So I guess that means I can eat more too huh? Hehe. Two hours of working out without a kiddo sounds like bliss. Have fun chica!!

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger my life is brilliant said...

You have no idea how glad it made me to see you were kidding about the skinny jeans! :)

Working out is so good for you. It makes me happy and proud of myself to notice things that are getting more toned because I've worked on them. And it makes you feel better about yourself.

You should start carrying around little snacks or something to eat throughout the day. Special K bars are amazing. I totally recommend them. And they're only 90 calories a bar!

Congrats on your first day working out. Sounds like a good one!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger L said...

How exciting! I would love to have a trainer right now. I'm dying to know what my body fat percentage is and have a workout regimen laid out for me. Good Luck on reaching your goal . . what a sense of accomplishment you'll have once you reach it!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home