Tuesday, June 27, 2006



Girls just want to have fun!

Next week I am having to say goodbye to one of my really good friends on the island. They are moving to their next duty station. If I had a dollar for all the people who have come in and out of my life in the military I would be a rich women. I hate goodbyes so much, however goodbye parties are always fun. So we arrange a whole evening of fun with 9 girls from my old neighborhood and planned it all behind our friends back. I showed up on her door step at 4pm. She was just getting ready to paint her military housing walls back to white, but I shoved her a box from the Gap containing a new outfit I had bought her for the evening. Told her to get in the shower and we were leaving in an hour. We all gathered outside for a group shot before we left and then we blindfolded her and all squeezed into one van. Thank God for mini van moms! Our first stop was pedicures! Nothing like a little pampering to start off the evening. When we arrived in the parking lot we looked like a bunch of clowns that just kept coming and coming out of the van. Not to mention we were dragging around a girl in a blind fold. After all our toes looked cute as can be we went to one of my fave restaurants on the island, Brew Moon. We had appetizer of calamari, Kalua pork quesadias, and coconut crab dip with plantation banana chips. We had drinks of martinis mojitos, a margaritas to name a few and took turns sampling everyone's. Then we each ordered a full meal. I practically had to be rolled out of there I was so full. We all talked and giggled until 10:30, and like the old ladies that we are called it a night! It was a great time, I just wish we were celebrating under different circumstances!

6 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Sounds like so much fun. I want to be in your crowd and then move away. By the way, the make-over you have always wanted to give me is yours for the doing. I am poor but other than that have at it!!!!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger L said...

I love the fact that you 'rescued' her from an otherwise uneventful evening. Sounds like a fun group of girls!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Once again.... I wish I was there! It sounds like we need to go to that place when we come back - Y to the UMMY!!

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I read several of the blogs on your blogroll and though I'd say hi! Sounds like some good quality girl time. I just had a baby and I am really missing pamerping girl time!!!

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet goodbye party. I bet it meant so much to her that she's so loved by you all! I am so sad for you that she's moving away.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

How fun! I can't wait for our girl's night! Maybe it will include mani/pedis too!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home