Wednesday, June 21, 2006



Sweet satisfaction!

Yesterday Ben had the afternoon off so we decided to go up to build-a-bear so the kids could build a bear for my brother's new baby and their new cousin. They love that place and had so much fun making the perfect little bunny. So afterwards we just happened to have to walk right past Gap on our way back to the car. Ben has been looking for the perfect baseball cap, so I, with ulterior motives suggested he look in Gap. So he says "ok why don't I just run in real quick" I quickly reply with, "Oh no, it's okay honey, I don't mind going in with you." He knowing me all too well says, "ok but we are only going in for a minute." "yes sweetie" bat my sweet little ole eye lashes. SO Ben takes his one minute not a second later to browse for a hat, and by the time he gets back to me I have snatched up an armful of clothes to go try on. The sign in the window saying BIG SALE was not a lie. Ben immediately goes into defense mode, followed closely by pout mode, and then stamp your feet and wine mode. I glare at him from the change room line up like a lioness protecting her cubs. He proceeds to send in all three kids to bang on my door, and once they had all accompanied me into the change room called my cell phone 3 times. I of course ignored it. Once I had gathered up my must have purchase I emerge from the change room to see Ben sitting there in a much better mood, accepting his defeat. He must of had a complete change of heart because he even asked if I wanted to shop a bit more. So over dinner I asked him why he had a change of heart at the Gap and he said that he realized what ever reaction he had I was going to do it anyway so he might as well stay in light spirits.
SO we get home and I put on my new DKNY lingerie that I have been saving for a special occasion and come around the corner to give Ben "the look" He being a guy instantly gets that shit eating grin on his face, and I tell him I will be waiting in the bedroom. So just as he is climbing in next to me I say "oh you can look, but only for one minute! "
Of course after some wining and pouting I gave in but this time I had the shit eating grin on my face knowing that he now understood "the need" Ah sweet satisfaction!

9 Comments:

At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Alyssa, again, as the tears are running down my face in laughter, I have to say you are hilarious. But I also must say Ben, you are one very awesome husband!!! I'm pretty sure Mike would not have slipped into happy mood with all those clothes in my arms! Too funny!
Tannis

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You crack me up, Alyssa!! I also went into the Gap yesterday and LOVED the big sale (and Baby Gap!! Oh my!!) My husband knew better and stayed home with his butt parked in his recliner, watching World Cup.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does that mean he will love the fact that you will be shopping in Canada.........

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL that's hilarious. So shopping is better than sex for you huh :) ? Or are they on par?

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Hilarious!! I miss the GAP!! (Insert whiney voice!!)

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

AHH!! I can't wait for you to move closer!!

(My bank acct can though!) :-)

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

First of all why is he getting a ball cap at GAP (metro sexual) but at least he got a present at the end of this.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Amber said...

HAAAAAAAAAA great story...and hopefully a lesson learned!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger betsy said...

Score one for the girls!!! I love playing games like taht!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you...

<<Home